Flourishing from 0.

Mar 8, 2010
Hello forum !
First,I'm gonna introduce myself,as I'm quite new here,as well in magic.
My name is Andrew and I'm 16.I was brought into the wonderful world of magic by my friend,who also practice it for months.
Now,you probably think of me as just a noob who's gonna quite after several weeks/months.So please,don't judge me yet.:D

Now let's get into bussiness.
The first thing I love in card magic are the card flourishes.So,my question is: Which is the best DVD for a novice who's gonna start it from zero?
From simple card spreads to wonderful flourishes.

Thank you,
I'm looking forward to your response.

- I apologize if my english isn't perfect.It's not my native language.

Jun 1, 2009
Theory 11 sells Genesis by Andrei Jikh. Its a straight up flourish DVD with moves for every skill level. Once you improve you can move on to the system or the Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck, or Motion by Daniel Madison. (Motion is here at T11, but for the D&D stuff, go their website )

Hope this helps, and welcome to the community!

Jacob

Feb 12, 2010
Moscow, RU
xtreme beginnerz vol. 1 + Genesis + Dan and Dave EVERYTHING ELSE DVD (Flourishes 101) is really the best way to start flourishing. It wil give you a year+ stuff to work with.

p.s. I thing System and Motion is TOO hard for a beginner.

You can also try Brian Tudor - ShowOff vol.1 & 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
xtreme beginnerz vol. 1 + Genesis + Dan and Dave EVERYTHING ELSE DVD (Flourishes 101) is really the best way to start flourishing. It wil give you a year+ stuff to work with.

p.s. I thing System and Motion is TOO hard for a beginner.

You can also try Brian Tudor - ShowOff vol.1 & 2.

Brian Tudor's work wouldn't be for a beginner either, it is moderately difficult, fast and his teaching isn't very easy to learn from. I would second everything from the first post. As well welcome to the forums

I have been flourishing for about 8 months now (reason I got into cards, eventually moved on to magic) and I got XB1 (before Genesis, which I definitely would have chosen). It's all right, if you listen to it on mute, but the only thing I really took from it was the Charlier and the Scissor cut.

I learned the Sybil from youtube, and got Dangerous: Motion. I basically learned from that, because of all the Sybil variations. So I don't know about too hard for a beginner, but it does require some good patience.

Jan 26, 2010
The way i started of was lookin through youtube for moves and 99% of them were taught write but with dvds i recommend genisis and when your ready and once you have learned sybil go to the trilogy

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results