Flux by Craig Filicetti

Feb 1, 2019
Yo guys! I'm new to these forums and I have a question that hope ya'll can answer. I am on the edge about purchasing Flux by Craig Filicetti. But something is stopping me from pressing that purchase button. I don't think that this kind of effect is really fooling to spectators. I mean, all you basically do is determine which hand a coin is in. I think if you really want to fool someone with this effect, you'd have to perform this five or six times before the spectator is a bit fooled. That's kind of an annoying and tedious process and may probably bore your spectators. Now I know there is a method where you can determine whether or not the coin is heads or tails, but will this trick genuinely fool people? I mean, I've seen the trailer and I love the reactions that magician gets, but I am not clear on how many times this magician has performed this to the same spectator. I just want to know that my $200 will be spent on something that I can freak someone out with because I can see myself performing this to someone and their reactions from this would be like "Yup you got it right" or "Meh that was good" instead of "O my God!!! WTF! How did you do that?" Ya'll know what I mean?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Absolutely! In the right hands, this effect is a powerhouse, but you're correct that it does take proper presentation and routine structure. For two quick examples, see below:

Reactions: Lyle Borders

MickaelD

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2019
for the main effect , there are cheaper ways of doing it, even one exists where no gimmick is involved. and both are great and yes , with the proper presentation it is great and boggles minds. you can even finnish the routine by placing the coin in spectators pocket on on their shoulder and using a second coin in your hands and then have them guess wich hand you have it in, but you no longer have it in your hands since youve ditched it behind your back and its now with them.

if you do it once, speak of the 50/50 odds, and keep counting the odds of getting it right multiple times in a row. i usually do it 5 times and tell them i have to get it right 5 times in a row after the first one. use a mentalism touch where you say
ok you started with x hand and where thinking about switching hands but you kept the same one to try and fool me etc etc...

for the coin being tails up or not.. i have no idea how this is done, but would be the only reason i would upgrade to flux. because you 50/50 just went to 25% odds in one hit and then even better so on, so you would only need to do it 2-3 times to boggle the mind.

if you know of no other way of doing main effect and have the cash then YES it is worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results