Forum Spam

Jun 2, 2010
Just a quick note to the moderators and Theory11 team to let you know that there is a certain amount of spam appearing here on the forums. I don't mean people trying to promote other magic sites or products, I'm talking about completely junk spam posts.

They're fairly ambient and it's easy to skip over them. Even when you read them through properly you might think it's just the result of someone babbling a bit. But in my opinion, it's auto-generated nonsense from spambots attacking the site, trying to get Google juice.

Look at the posting histories of two users, King DE and AveryAxel. I'm calling them out as spambots.

Just so you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Rong,
Recently Theory11 has been getting slammed with SPAM, more so than ever. Myself, Casey, and the mod team work as fast as we can throughout the day to Ban the Spammers but with Casey being a student and myself a teacher...we cannot always attack the spam 24/7 so sometimes it takes a few hours until one of us jumps on the forums and sees it. Every day we ban at least 5-10 junk threads.
Thank you for bringing up the last two users....we will take care of them shortly.

Jun 2, 2010
Hey no problem. If you would like advice about this sort of thing, feel free to PM me- I'm an experienced web developer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results