G.O.A.T. Change Performance

Nov 18, 2008
CA
WOAH!!!! my jaw literally dropped when i saw that. absolutely flawless. excellent job.
I'm really sorry about your grandfather man. Hang in there,

_CC

Aug 5, 2008
As I commented on youtube that was awesome.

The G.O.A.T. change as far as I know hasnt been released yet, it's by Dan and Dave, and you can watch it in Dan and Dave's Hidden Footage ... I think... I might be totally wrong.

And my guess is that they might release it on "andthesome"

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I feel like it's the clipshift all over again. The next thing that everyone wants to master because it'll be the decider of "whether you're a good magician or not" for the new generation of magic, magic performed not for the spectator but for the magician. IMO stick with an Erdnase. This comment isn't directed at you by the way RichmanMatthew - just a general observation.

The performance was extremely good, and I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather, my condolences.

May 8, 2008
England
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Yeah, it could be the next clipshift. And magic isn't to fool magicians (imo). Still I think it's a very visual and fair looking change and hopefully it's practical. Thus, I hope that I can learn it and add it to my tricks/routines. If there's going to be video's all over youtube with this change just so people can say they are a 'good magician' then fine, as long as some people actually want to make use of it.
Sorry if this comes across badly, I had a good point, but I think my hangover killed it.
-S

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Haha. Naw I understand that. I'll try and illustrate a diagram or two to add to what I said before...

1. How impressed are you by the G.O.A.T Change?

a) Laymen

1 |----------------|--------| 10

b) Magicians

1 |------------------------|| 10

2. How impressed are you by the Erdnase Change?

a) Laymen

b) Magicians

1 |--|----------------------| 10

The question is: Which of these two, a) or b), matter?

Haha. Naw I understand that. I'll try and illustrate a diagram or two to add to what I said before...

1. How impressed are you by the G.O.A.T Change?

a) Laymen

b) Magicians

1 |------------------------|| 10

2. How impressed are you by the Erdnase Change?

a) Laymen

b) Magicians

1 |--|----------------------| 10

The question is: Which of these two, a) or b), matter?

I think of it this way...

If you could do real magic, would you snap and the card would change? Or would you rub your hand back and forth and the card would change?

-Matt

Mar 27, 2008
Damn that was clean. I checked the change part frame by frame, and on one frame it was the king, and on the next it was already the eight.

But I have one question, is the snap necessary to accomplish the change??

IMO stick with an Erdnase
You cannot compare the two changes, because they are totally different in terms of context and mechanics.

I, however, with you on this one:
The next thing that everyone wants to master because it'll be the decider of "whether you're a good magician or not" for the new generation of magic, magic performed not for the spectator but for the magician.
Leaving color changes aside, I think the opinion your offering here ( a very valid one ) is about a trend in some magicians going berserk over a something ( usually a book or DVD ) thinking that it'll change their lives, or the best thing happened to magic since its birth, then when they buy it, it ends up on the shelf ( next to the other 100 books) without any serious study, since another book/DVD just got hyped.

There was an online magazine long time ago and Darwin Ortiz had a long article with excellent ( I was told) thoughts on the subject. I wish I could read it :(

Cheers,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results