Getting back into magic

Apr 14, 2011
Hey everyone.

I've been not practicing magic for about 4 months now. (various reasons, mainly lack of time) But I wanna get back in. Any tips?

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Shouldn't you just start practicing and then ask for specifical tips considering various problems you might run into?
The only tip I can give you right now is start practicing.

Welcome back!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Prioritize your daily activities, make a schedule and don't procrastinate. Fit magic back into your schedule or stay up really late like I do once the family is all asleep. Jump right in....it'll come back.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
well if you got time now then simply get back in to where you left off.
Reflect on what needs to be improved and work from there, pretty simple.
It's not like you have to start the cycle all over again, you should be able to pick it up pretty quick after only 4 months.

Apr 14, 2011
Yeah, I started again from where I was and everything came back really easily. I have about 200 $ to buy ANYTHING magic. I'm getting the ultragaff dvds, what else you think?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Yeah, I started again from where I was and everything came back really easily. I have about 200 $ to buy ANYTHING magic. I'm getting the ultragaff dvds, what else you think?

you really want to spend 200 dollars on the latest and greatest material?
Your gonna need that money for more important things. Or social events.
Get a few things if you feel you need to. but don't drown yourself in products.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Don't throw your money into magic. Especially when you aren't back into it yourself. Save money. Go out have fun. Learn to interact with humans and learn to be comfortable putting magic out there in the real world. Buy a deck or two from wal mart and actually become a student of the art and not a customer.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Don't throw your money into magic. Especially when you aren't back into it yourself. Save money. Go out have fun. Learn to interact with humans and learn to be comfortable putting magic out there in the real world. Buy a deck or two from wal mart and actually become a student of the art and not a customer.

Very well said.

Apr 14, 2011
Just saying, I am very comfortable with performing in front of large groups (I do it at school for up to 25 people) so thats not the issue. I know A LOT of card tricks. like 10 very well. I want to branch out into other things (Gum by jeff prace, f(9) by calen morelli, etc.) FOr christmas my mom is getting me magic stuff and I have basically that amount to spend on stuff.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Just saying, I am very comfortable with performing in front of large groups (I do it at school for up to 25 people) so thats not the issue. I know A LOT of card tricks. like 10 very well. I want to branch out into other things (Gum by jeff prace, f(9) by calen morelli, etc.) FOr christmas my mom is getting me magic stuff and I have basically that amount to spend on stuff.

Just because you CAN spend that much doesn't mean you should. Go easy on your mom's wallet. It shows you're not greedy.
Also, on those products, there are so many more books and even DVD's that have general magic for less price and more material. or even better material. Browse around a little more before you think of buying anything.
But then again, it's you're parents money. buy whatever you want.
But if you do buy 200 dollars worth of magic that should probably last you a lifetime.

Apr 14, 2011
I got it. Haha, I ended up ordering somewhere around 80 bucks of stuff. 50 of that was SMOKE and the rest was a few decks. Thanks for the advice. I did get back into practicing before I wrote this post by the way :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results