Getting Money for cardistry????

Nov 27, 2010
Hey guys,

I am 15 and I was wondering if it is possible to get paid to preform cardistry and card magic. After almost all my performances my spectators always tell me I could make a lot of money if I keep it up. My spectators are always saying "you should work at Vegas" or "you can make some serious money with that" or worst of all "Hey its the new david blane I'm gonna see you on TV in some years". After hearing this so much it is actually starting to get to me. When I go to college is it possible to get a well paying job in a bar or a restaurant doing cardistry and card magic??? Is there any way I can earn money with this art form?????

PLEASE REPLY: I am very anxious to hear any Ideas. Any Ideas will be accepted

how old are you? where are you come from?

its come to my mind like 2 years ago and now im not anymore...
i just do magic for entertain people and if i can get money i just think its a "BONUS" or "COMPLIMENT"..

i need to make some some money and in my country, magic cant live forever...

Aug 20, 2010
Don't let compliments get to you. You have to think about your future. Are you THAT good to earn yourself a decent income in many years to come if you were to pursue magic even furthur. I don't relly think that magic can earn you good money unless you are some kind of prodigy creator. I think of magic as my hobby, not as a serious job. Who is going to pay my mum when she grows old? =)

Nov 27, 2010
But is there anyway to unprofessionally earn money with cardistry and card magic. One guy on deckniqe said if a cardist flourishes at a waffle house alone people will come to you.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Flourishing WILL attract people, however, I don't think they are going to give you money for that. To unprofessionally get money, you will have to have a hat on the ground in front of you. Flourish to get some interest and then, don't keep flourishing. Show them magic. Give them an experience. Make them smile and laugh and have a great time and HOPE they see the hat, get the hint, and drop in a few bucks. Thats really the only unprofessional way to do it.

Jan 9, 2011
You will not get money flourishing. Do not be a beggar on the street. How many times have you passed a guitarist on the street and thought yes they are good, but no they're not worth the time to go into my pocket and pay. Interaction with magic will however get you money. But being a professional magician is a career in the arts and unless it is truly what you want don't let naive high schoolers run your future for you.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
It is possible to make money working the streets, I personally know at least three guys who make their living this way and while I do not recommend this method if you enjoy a wealthy lifestyle, it is certainly helpful in terms of experience and audience control. The street will teach you skills the stage and/or casual performing will not.

Additionally, it is indeed possible to make money doing Cardistry but your perception of how it may be possible is most likely way off due to your roots in magic (I am assuming you do magic with a bit of Cardistry here and there). The two are completely different - one has to have specific focus in order to achieve full potential of either art form. With that said however, you can always make decent money with restaurant and corporate doing a mix of Cardistry/Magic but do not hold your breath - show business is a tough road and you will have to make a lot of sacrifices and choices your parents will not be proud of. For this reason, stay in school and pursue it as a hobby unless you have the courage to leave everything behind.

Don't let this scare you but success does not accept backup plans. Pursue it with all your heart, if you do not, you will fail and do the same as anyone else would - rely on your backup plan (your degree in school). Don't get me wrong, engineers and teachers can make a few extra hundred dollars a month doing a bit of magic but don't expect to earn a full fledged living.

Lastly, the people who said Cardistry cannot make you money have no idea what they are talking about. Their perception of the art is limited to learning off of DVDs and impressing friends and family members with a few cuts and fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DanielO23
Getting Money for cardistry

An alternative view:
New Economics Foundation
Can governments sometimes be super-efficient with taxpayers money? Arguing that the social returns from the Get Out To Work project in Merseyside greatly outweigh the cost, the NEF calculates that the benefits of the programme amount to 10.50 for every 1 of taxpayers money spent.
î÷åíü ðåêîìåíäóþ äëÿ èãðîêîâ â ïîêåð ïîêåð îíëàéí èãðàòü áåñïëàòíî

Aug 21, 2014
I am 20 years old and i have been doing cardistry for 6 years and consider it second nature. I want to take my skills to the next level. If there are any opportunities that can help me get exposure please let me know because after sitting in my room night after night doing various flourish sequences and routines over and over again. I want to show the world what i can do with 54 cards in my hands (Including jokers) if anyone has any ideas or suggestions let me know as soon as possible.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results