Go to gambling move

Apr 10, 2021
Hi everyone was just wondering if you were sat at a card table and you were going to cheat and you just got handed the deck what method of cheating would you use apart from a deck switch, thanks for your answers

willtupper

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2009
My go-to gambling move is losing money. And not to brag, but I'm really quite good at it.

Although I might try *staring intensely out window* "What... in the world... is that?" Then when everyone turns to look, I could maybe swipe some chips or something (potato, not poker, obviously).

What would YOUR method of cheating be?

Apr 10, 2021
My go-to gambling move is losing money. And not to brag, but I'm really quite good at it.

Although I might try *staring intensely out window* "What... in the world... is that?" Then when everyone turns to look, I could maybe swipe some chips or something (potato, not poker, obviously).

What would YOUR method of cheating be?
Haha I like your style I would probably try and stack the deck but I’ve never tried it as it seems quite hard to learn 👍

Reactions: willtupper

willtupper

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2009
Oh, definitely. The only deck stacking I'm good at is stacking one deck on top of another. Then putting another deck on top of that, and another on top of that.

This keeps going for a while. Finally all the decks get stacked, and I have to wonder.

"When did I get all these playing cards?"

Ha ;).

Tangentially related to the actual subject at hand:

If you've not read it yet, I would highly recommend Derek DelGuadio new memoir, AMORALMAN: A True Story and Other Lies. In it, he talks a lot about his history with card cheating, the backroom culture, the derring-do and adventures. Tons of fun, and very, very inspiring.

And it goes without saying (but look at me! I'm saying it anyway), but if you have the means to get a subscription to the HULU streaming service, please, please, PLEASE watch the film version of his magic show, In & Of Itself.

I can't... I literally don't have the words to describe how moving and wonderful it all is. And I mean "wonderful" in the literal sense. Not just "good," but FULL to the BRIM with WONDER. Chock-full of wonder.

Overflowing with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results