Great sleight

Hey guys...

I just saw someone perform this sleight a couple of days ago... and the first time i saw it it fooled me.. so i set out to learn it... tell me what you think. (sorry for the bad lighting... when i uploaded it, the quality got screwed up...

MAGIC

Thanks!

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
Gee I don't know, maybe it's cause it's good to support the person who actually spent hours and hours making a sleight that fooled you? Just a guess. :rolleyes:

-PTG

Nov 23, 2008
What lecture notes did you have in mind? Because to me this looks like an idea by Ben Earl that is taught in Past Midnight. However, I can't remember if he said it was an idea by someone else, I'll have to check when I get a chance to pop the disk in, unless someone else remembers?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The first move is very jerky - but if you keep practicing it for a month or two it should be fine, nothing looks terribly wrong with it.

And yes, as Medifro said - you should buy it for ethical reasons out of respect for the creator - who I presume, from his post, has not yet released the move. Otherwise it's effectively stealing his work.

What lecture notes did you have in mind? Because to me this looks like an idea by Ben Earl that is taught in Past Midnight. However, I can't remember if he said it was an idea by someone else, I'll have to check when I get a chance to pop the disk in, unless someone else remembers?
Ben Earl had the idea there, but the concept itself is done before by Troy Hooser in a sandwich effect.

The concepts are the same, the moves look different.

For those who want to check out the creator's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MAGICSIX , alternativly, you can simply ask him to use the move, since he did put a video on it with "magicians only", and a small discussion followed it in the magic cafe.

Cheers,

cardistry77.

stop posting videos of half*** crap. work on a few things, not a ****load of.... crap. please, almost all of the threads on this page are of your "magic" and its starting to make theory11 seem noobish. i mean, really, you cant even respect your art enough to properly learn something!! i hope you take these words and listen.

peace...
andy.

Apr 28, 2008
cardistry77.

stop posting videos of half*** crap. work on a few things, not a ****load of.... crap. please, almost all of the threads on this page are of your "magic" and its starting to make theory11 seem noobish. i mean, really, you cant even respect your art enough to properly learn something!! i hope you take these words and listen.

peace...
andy.

I agree, I posted something very similar a couple of days ago (and several others agreed with me) but he's obviously ignoring it.

It's not just making T11 look bad it's also really selfish, other people's videos will quickly be gone because this guys posting so many, must be like 15 of his on the first page now.

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I agree, I posted something very similar a couple of days ago (and several others agreed with me) but he's obviously ignoring it.

It's not just making T11 look bad it's also really selfish, other people's videos will quickly be gone because this guys posting so many, must be like 15 of his on the first page now.

The forums seem to be over used when it comes to a specific video feedback rather than advice, theory, improvement on method. The pieces of a performance such as the patter, the cover, the effect may yield much more interesting and usefull findings, ideas, insight and feedback then "what do you think of this video i threw together."

In reference to this video. Your spread looks unnatural,slow, careful, the move was completely isolated and easy to determine when, where, and what happened. Your handling was really tight it produces visual noise that screams out "here I am" I recommend, the road runner cull dvd by kostya kimlat in order to perform this control better.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results