Guardians 1st Edition vs. 2nd Edition

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ok....I've searched, and I can't find anything on this topic.

How can you tell the difference between the first edition of the Guardians deck and the second edition if the deck is sealed (I know the cards are thicker, and have a different feel in the 2nd than in the 1st, but I'm curious about the box). Not that I'll ever get the chance to obtain a first edition of the box :( I'm just curious as to how to tell the difference.

Phil

I do not own a second edition, but it has been stated by Jonathan Bayme that the difference on the box IS noticeable.

"Aesthetically, the deck looks exactly the same except for one minute, tiny difference on the box. Will let you guys figure out what that difference is, though. If you want to know more, go to WhatIsDifferentAboutTheBox.com next Monday at midnight."

(http://forums.theory11.com/showpost.php?p=13702&postcount=6)

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
look at where it says the theory 11 logo, the little horiztonal line at the top of the "11" is a bit longer on the other edition (no not that edition, the other one)

also, whichever one you have, it's not the 1st edition. which is a good thing. hope that helps.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
according to that link, the first edition has the grey barcode, and the second has the white one.... the deck I have has a grey barcode.

is this for real?

I'm so confused. hahaha.

Sep 2, 2007
The site was supposed to be a joke. It was not supposed to exist, but it does:
Want to know the best part? I had no clue "whatisdifferentaboutthebox.com" was a real site-- it was completely random off the top of my head when I posted it. Apparently it is a real site, and apparently whoever owns it read this forum thread, because he just put a link to the Guardians on eBay. What are the chances? Crazy coincidence.
If the site helps, then great, but take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers,
JTM

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
hee hee

HAHHAHAHAHA....

funny. I should have figured it was fake (or at least not 100% true or whatever).

Clever :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results