Guitar/Magic/Flourishing

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
I just started playing guitar 2 months ago and now am doing songs. Needless to say my fingers hurt like hell and I just started flourishing has any else had this problem? And when the calluses develop do the affect my flourishing?

Thanks,

-Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 10, 2008
Once your calluses form your fingers will be fine. You'll be able to play for hours without any pain at all. If you continue a schedule for practicing you'll keep the calluses, if you take breaks as I sometimes do with my travels you will have to work to reform the calluses. Once you get the initial calluses formed, and don't go months or years without playing, reforming them becomes less painful. As for the calluses effecting your flourishing, I doubt that once that pain is gone you will have any trouble with flourishing.

John

i play guitar and my fingers r fine.
i also just started rock climbing. and that hurts your fingers way more. my fingers are just getting better.
if you calluses are bothering you just use some lotion to help heal em a lil

Dec 14, 2007
USA
I play a little guitar and ukulele here and there, and sometimes I get calluses on my thumbs. In fact, I had one just last week and within a day or two the callus went down and feels as though nothing ever even happened there. I wouldn't fret too much.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Do you play electric or acoustic?
I play electric and I'm good to go with flourishing.

If you play acoustic, I'm pretty sure you can pick up spray for the strings so they don't hurt your fingers so much with sliding.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I play acoustic guitar, and i'm soon getting an electric one. But if you start with acoustic, things will be really easy to you cuz the acoustic is so much harder to keep your fingers on the strings. I tried my friend's electric guitar and was able to play the song i was working on (Wanted Dead or Alive- Bon Jovi) with ease.

But guitar playing has never affected my flourishing or magic at all.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Do you play electric or acoustic?
I play electric and I'm good to go with flourishing.

If you play acoustic, I'm pretty sure you can pick up spray for the strings so they don't hurt your fingers so much with sliding.

I play acoustic for now. (but am ready to steal that awesome card guitar in your avatar)

-Michael

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results