Happy New Year!

Nov 3, 2018
Well, it’s that time of year again.

Another year has come to an end, and a new year has begun. I don’t believe many people will be sad to wave 2020 “Goodbye“: For most of us, this has been a year whose memory we will endure, rather than cherish, look back on regretfully, rather than gladly.

But amongst all the undeniable unpleasantness this year brought, countless people have worked to make things better and more bearable for others. On this forum specifically, there are many people who help make it the great experience it is, and I want to take a moment to thank them for it.
This list is by no means complete, and in the coming days I will kick myself in the head for forgetting somebody, so please feel free to contribute some names you feel should be mentioned.

In no particular order:

@Gabriel Z.: Our „rock in the surf“, as we would say in Germany. You’re a pillar of our community, and it’s an inspiration to watch you get ever better at the difficult sleight of hand you practice. I’m always looking forward to seeing the progress in your videos!

@Casey Rudd: Thank you for being an ever-helpful voice in T11‘s Support and for bringing some fun into our homes with the Saturday Night Contest every week.

@Rev: It’s always nice to see new videos of yours being uploaded. I’m certainly glad I got to know you a little bit over this past year, and I’m looking forward to seeing some more of your magic in the coming year.

@MohanaMisra: I never know whether to look forward to, or dread the questions you raise ;) Of course I’m kidding: Your – extremely well crafted – questions and the discussions they raised have caused me to think deeper and helped me gain deeper insight into different facets of magic. More than once over the course of the year, your threads and discussions have helped broaden my horizon on our passion.

@obrienmagic: Not only your helpfulness and humility on the forums, both publicly and in private conversations, make you such an invaluable member of the magic community, but also your newsletter and your YouTube videos. You have my deep respect especially for being willing to talk about the topics many people would prefer not be raised – it’s an important job you’re doing, and you’re doing it well.

@WitchDocIsIn: As you’re one of the most knowledgable magicians and mentalists on this site, I’m always looking forward to hearing your views on the various topics of discussion Mohana raises. Reading your answers to the questions she – or other people – ask has helped me better define what I want to strive for in magic.

@RealityOne: I don’t know where to start or stop with you. You faithfully execute your duties as a moderator, your knowledge concerning both tricks as well as performance theory are equalled only by your willingness to share that knowledge, and your kindness and patience make it a great pleasure to converse with you. A lot more could be said but I’ll leave it at that.

The year 2020 has already become synonymous with catastrophe, and as time goes on, every good thing that happened to us in that year will be buried under memories of elections, discussions of racism in society, and, of course, the pandemic.
In spite, no, because of all that, let’s take a moment to remember the better parts of 2020. While we still can, let’s take a moment to appreciate all the little and big occurrences we want to remember fondly, the things that made us smile: Something funny happening at work or at school, an evening spent with a very special person, your friends, your family …

Ready?

No, that was no minute. You can do it – try again!

With these images firmly locked in our minds, here’s to 2021 – Happy New Year, everybody!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com

Another year has come to an end, and a new year has begun. I don’t believe many people will be sad to wave 2020 “Goodbye“: For most of us, this has been a year whose memory we will endure, rather than cherish, look back on regretfully, rather than gladly.

But amongst all the undeniable unpleasantness this year brought, countless people have worked to make things better and more bearable for others. On this forum specifically, there are many people who help make it the great experience it is, and I want to take a moment to thank them for it.
This list is by no means complete, and in the coming days I will kick myself in the head for forgetting somebody, so please feel free to contribute some names you feel should be mentioned.

In no particular order:

@Gabriel Z.: Our „rock in the surf“, as we would say in Germany. You’re a pillar of our community, and it’s an inspiration to watch you get ever better at the difficult sleight of hand you practice. I’m always looking forward to seeing the progress in your videos!

@Casey Rudd: Thank you for being an ever-helpful voice in T11‘s Support and for bringing some fun into our homes with the Saturday Night Contest every week.

@Rev: It’s always nice to see new videos of yours being uploaded. I’m certainly glad I got to know you a little bit over this past year, and I’m looking forward to seeing some more of your magic in the coming year.

@MohanaMisra: I never know whether to look forward to, or dread the questions you raise ;) Of course I’m kidding: Your – extremely well crafted – questions and the discussions they raised have caused me to think deeper and helped me gain deeper insight into different facets of magic. More than once over the course of the year, your threads and discussions have helped broaden my horizon on our passion.

@obrienmagic: Not only your helpfulness and humility on the forums, both publicly and in private conversations, make you such an invaluable member of the magic community, but also your newsletter and your YouTube videos. You have my deep respect especially for being willing to talk about the topics many people would prefer not be raised – it’s an important job you’re doing, and you’re doing it well.

@WitchDocIsIn: As you’re one of the most knowledgable magicians and mentalists on this site, I’m always looking forward to hearing your views on the various topics of discussion Mohana raises. Reading your answers to the questions she – or other people – ask has helped me better define what I want to strive for in magic.

@RealityOne: I don’t know where to start or stop with you. You faithfully execute your duties as a moderator, your knowledge concerning both tricks as well as performance theory are equalled only by your willingness to share that knowledge, and your kindness and patience make it a great pleasure to converse with you. A lot more could be said but I’ll leave it at that.

The year 2020 has already become synonymous with catastrophe, and as time goes on, every good thing that happened to us in that year will be buried under memories of elections, discussions of racism in society, and, of course, the pandemic.
In spite, no, because of all that, let’s take a moment to remember the better parts of 2020. While we still can, let’s take a moment to appreciate all the little and big occurrences we want to remember fondly, the things that made us smile: Something funny happening at work or at school, an evening spent with a very special person, your friends, your family …

Ready?

With these images firmly locked in our minds, here’s to 2021 – Happy New Year, everybody!

Happy New Year!!

As this list is by no means comprehensive.. I certainly do appreciate being part of it and this forum , and watching young magicians such as yourself thrive. I think if you look at the Notable Members list you will find a lot of good people that can help you out ... And if you even look further than that (Not the card trick) you will find even more people to help you out along the way. I will be hear 8 years this April 26..Have met a lot of good people here. And even though I was diagnosed with schizophrenia back maybe a little earlier than when I joined up with Theory11 I feel as if the tremendous amount of support I received from you guys has been more than enough to make anyone better. Don't get me wrong there is still much work to be done but progress is progress.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com

In no particular order:

Ready?

Awwwwww thank you so much! Happy new year to you as well as the rest of our T11 family!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results