Heckler vs. Improv

Jan 29, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgn8VgmdK1I&feature=youtu.be
1:20 - 1:36 in the video is what im highlighting here.
Sometimes things DONT ALWAYS GO AS PLANNED.
but as the performer it is your job to adapt to the situation at hand!
I was performing for a group of people at m friends graduation party bc she told me that they hated magic so i took that as a challenge! at one point the man in the back tried to mess with the flow of my effect and instead of giving him the upper hand i used improv/duel reality to not only make the effect work but also make the effect even stronger for everyone else watching!
this goes to show how a mistake can always be overcome:)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thanks for sharing this live performance. A couple of things I noticed is #1 SLOOOOOWWWW down. You are talking and performing much too quickly that the magic isn't even given time to "set in" for the spectators. You are doing great stuff and obviously you have skill with your ring work. I am not sure if you were nervous because of your friend filming or that's just your normal speaking rate.

#2 If you are performing again somewhere I would not do near as many ring moves or sequences as what you did. It was a bit much and repetitive. I would take it down to just 3 effects / sleights with the ring.

#3 Yes...awesome job of not allowing the gentleman who stole ring off her shoulder to ruin the moment. Nicely done :) and you didn't miss a beat.

Jan 29, 2011
thank you for the kind words and advice rick! i was actually rushing bc i was at the party with a girl and we were going through issues. but i usually do a stand alone ring routine and it hits hard, i have a unique performance type but this wasnt a typical set for me haah

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results