Help with Lennart Green's Top Shot

Jan 9, 2012
Hey guys,

Just picked up Eric Jones' effect, Ishkabibble Sandwhich. Love the trick and am getting the hang of it pretty fast.

However, the initial production of the two 'helper' cards (the two black kings in the demo video of the effect,) using the top shot is tricky. I can't seem to get enough tension on the card to have it shoot out.

Any advice on how to perform this well? (i.e the specific mechanics/hand placement.)

Thanks.

-A.L

atinfinity

Elite Member
Dec 5, 2010
Here's a few pointers that I think will help.

- As Eric explained the two middle fingers curled in under the deck can help you when you are just starting out.
- The thumb and index are at the top corners, try putting a few bit of pressure so it causes a bow
- The pinky action is pretty much the same as the Cardini Change

These things helped me when I started out. Hope this helps!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Here's a few pointers that I think will help.

- As Eric explained the two middle fingers curled in under the deck can help you when you are just starting out.
- The thumb and index are at the top corners, try putting a few bit of pressure so it causes a bow
- The pinky action is pretty much the same as the Cardini Change

These things helped me when I started out. Hope this helps!
Actually, pinky action is not the same as the Cardini Change, that is where the whole problem lies. In Cardini Change, pinky pulls the card in a "straight down" motion. In Top Shot, pinky pulls the card to the right (if you're holding the deck in the left hand), and then extends to the right, which makes the card fly off the deck.
So apply firm pressure with index finger and thumb at the top of the long edges of the deck, apply firm pressure with the pinky on the lower right corner of the card, and in one quick motion pull the card to the right and extend your pinky to the right to make the card shoot out.
Hope that makes sense?

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
When I initially learned the top shot it was also a difficult move; it's more of a knack than one correct method. All of the pointers listed above should be useful and I won't bother listing them again; that seems sort of redundant. My only tip is that instead of relying on just the pinky to flick the card off the top, I suggest a slight but sharp flick of the wrist. This helps me significantly with my shots, and now I've moved on to the bottom and center shots. The top shot is a really useful move so don't give up on it

Jan 9, 2012
After lots of practice I finally have it down. Thanks for the advice, guys.

I'm at the point where I can keep the deck flat in my left hand and both hands stationary and able to shoot
the card very accurately. Looks too cool!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results