Hey, I'm new to magic - Is this a good deal?

Sep 1, 2007
That's a nice offer, but go buy RRTCM, there's alot more material in it, and its cheaper than that, making it an even better offer ;).

D

Deleted member 2755

That's a nice offer, but go buy RRTCM, there's alot more material in it, and its cheaper than that, making it an even better offer ;).

How would he know what that stands for if he's new to magic? ;)

If you want to get the fundamentals down.... here is what I recommend you buy.:

1. Click on the 1 on 1 section of the site and purchase Aaron Fisher's Card Fundamentals Part 1.

2. After perfecting everything from that video, purchase Aaron Fisher's Card Fundamentals Part 2.

3. Either right from the start or after perfecting 1 and 2... purchase Card College. It is a bit expensive, but completely worth it. The amount of information in those books is amazing. If you don't feel like spending over $100, pick up one volume at a time. However, I know money is tight nowadays and spending that kind of money JUST STARTING magic is not the easiest thing. So... purchase The Royal Road To Card Magic. This book will still teach the basics, but does not have as much information as Card College. Either one will be fine, but Card College is recommended.

Tip: Do not give up. Practice hard.... Wanna know what I want you to do right now? Go to the playing cards section of the site... Watch the Guardians and Centurion deck trailers. When I first came here... I could not do a SINGLE move from those videos. I could only dream... However, through hard work and dedication... I am able to do MANY of those moves now. Is that magic? No. That is called flourishing. It's basically a bunch of fancy shuffles that look CRAZY! It just shows what dedication can do for you. Do not give up. That is what most people do. However... the few that do not give up will someday become a very talented performer. I feel I have done that.

Welcome to the site. Welcome to magic. Shoot me a PM if you need any guidance at all!

-Doug

May 24, 2008

If you want to get the fundamentals down.... here is what I recommend you buy.:

1. Click on the 1 on 1 section of the site and purchase Aaron Fisher's Card Fundamentals Part 1.

2. After perfecting everything from that video, purchase Aaron Fisher's Card Fundamentals Part 2.

3. Either right from the start or after perfecting 1 and 2... purchase Card College. It is a bit expensive, but completely worth it. The amount of information in those books is amazing. If you don't feel like spending over $100, pick up one volume at a time. However, I know money is tight nowadays and spending that kind of money JUST STARTING magic is not the easiest thing. So... purchase The Royal Road To Card Magic. This book will still teach the basics, but does not have as much information as Card College. Either one will be fine, but Card College is recommended.

Tip: Do not give up. Practice hard.... Wanna know what I want you to do right now? Go to the playing cards section of the site... Watch the Guardians and Centurion deck trailers. When I first came here... I could not do a SINGLE move from those videos. I could only dream... However, through hard work and dedication... I am able to do MANY of those moves now. Is that magic? No. That is called flourishing. It's basically a bunch of fancy shuffles that look CRAZY! It just shows what dedication can do for you. Do not give up. That is what most people do. However... the few that do not give up will someday become a very talented performer. I feel I have done that.

Welcome to the site. Welcome to magic. Shoot me a PM if you need any guidance at all!

-Doug

Hey thanks so much!!! yeah that is great i will have to check that out!!! that looks so sweet! also very hard! Im very interested ! and im sure i will have many questions but thanks for pointing me in the right direction! but those tricks look sweet tho.. ha heck i might buy both.. who knows

Sep 1, 2007

Sorry about that lol, didn't realize.

In short if you want an awesome inexpensive introduction:

Royal Road to Card Magic

If you want the best introduction possible and are willing to shell out,

Card College.

If you have any further questions shoot me a PM and we can talk on AIM or MSN.

Mar 12, 2008
The Moon
well ok,...........

it all depends what type of magic your interested in. these guys are all telling you to buy books about CARDS. yes cards are a very big part of magic but that does not mean that you have to buy a book on cards. i am not trying to diss any of the guys who have already responded. every magician should know some card tricks but dont let that be the only thing you do. Yeah cards are a great thing to start with but i would recomend maybe the art of astonishment books AND a card book. Just dont let card magic become the only thing you do.

Peace
Mitch

May 24, 2008
it all depends what type of magic your interested in. these guys are all telling you to buy books about CARDS. yes cards are a very big part of magic but that does not mean that you have to buy a book on cards. i am not trying to diss any of the guys who have already responded. every magician should know some card tricks but dont let that be the only thing you do. Yeah cards are a great thing to start with but i would recomend maybe the art of astonishment books AND a card book. Just dont let card magic become the only thing you do.

Peace
Mitch
Very good point. If you are interested in coins, definitely check out J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. An amazing book that has basic all the way to advanced routines. Its only about 9 dollars at any of the major bookstores (Barnes and Noble, borders, etc.) Also,If you must, you can get it on Ellusionist.com or Penguinmagic.com

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results