How did you get into magic?

Sep 18, 2017
That's interesting. Usually it's the other way around. A parent has a passing interest in magic and knows a few basic tricks and then the kid gets hooked. Thanks for the story!

Yeah it was quite. I think may not have been the right time for him, so I am still trying to get him back into it also. Maybe one day one of my kids will also get into it... hopefully.. for now though.. I am really enjoyoing getting into it.. not an easy task at this age but super excited about it.

Jun 18, 2017
I always dabbled with magic sets and simple things when I was a kid, but when I was 17 or 18 I got really into the David Blaine specials. I started looking into card tricks and found the magic bunny forums. Before long I’d found a brick of bicycles at Costco and got Royal road. I kinda moved onto other things after learning how to control a card to the top and bottom of the deck and shuffling it around.

Fast forward to last year when I found a couple of decks and an invisible deck and showed my girlfriend. We were in the middle of a Kickstarter project making flashcards for teaching English and Sicily, where we were at the time, has a wonderful tradition of card games with a traditionally styles deck. I started collecting the Sicilian decks and then other regional Italian ones.

One afternoon in Bergamo I spotted a range of bicycle decks in a shop window - unusual here. There were theory11 decks and Ellusionist decks all in this little tabacco shop window it was crazy. My girlfriend treated me to a couple and it all came together. I found penguin, theory11 and Ellusionist and got hold of Oz Pearlmans born to perform. And there went my summer.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Jul 26, 2016
Great to see people really excited about magic!

Coffeeparamedic, magic doesn't care what age you are when you love it. It's not a task at all, but a joy. Just have fun with it, and then your audiences are guaranteed to as well. And, if I might respectfully say, the less you try to get the kids into it, the more likely one or more is to get into it. It's kid psychology...

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
I always dabbled with magic sets and simple things when I was a kid, but when I was 17 or 18 I got really into the David Blaine specials. I started looking into card tricks and found the magic bunny forums. Before long I’d found a brick of bicycles at Costco and got Royal road. I kinda moved onto other things after learning how to control a card to the top and bottom of the deck and shuffling it around.

Fast forward to last year when I found a couple of decks and an invisible deck and showed my girlfriend. We were in the middle of a Kickstarter project making flashcards for teaching English and Sicily, where we were at the time, has a wonderful tradition of card games with a traditionally styles deck. I started collecting the Sicilian decks and then other regional Italian ones.

One afternoon in Bergamo I spotted a range of bicycle decks in a shop window - unusual here. There were theory11 decks and Ellusionist decks all in this little tabacco shop window it was crazy. My girlfriend treated me to a couple and it all came together. I found penguin, theory11 and Ellusionist and got hold of Oz Pearlmans born to perform. And there went my summer.
Are you italian?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results