How do I start a semi local magic club in a small town? How do I find magicians and those wanting to

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
It depends where you work, you probably need to start with one friend and a location. Colleges are always a good choice.

If there are any magicians in your area, get to know them.

I live in rural Utah and there are 4 clubs within an hour of my house. It's possible there are clubs around and you have just missed them.

ActionJack

Elite Member
May 1, 2018
Look at the SAM and IBM websites and see if there is a ring anywhere near you. Even if you don't have one close but possibly in the same state they may have information on local magicians you could contact that would be interested in getting together.

Apr 27, 2015
Look at the SAM and IBM websites and see if there is a ring anywhere near you. Even if you don't have one close but possibly in the same state they may have information on local magicians you could contact that would be interested in getting together.

Great advice SAM and IBM are going to be a great starting point.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I agree about SAM/IBM.

a small group of magicians in my city started a group awhile back called “The Monday Night Jams.” We now have over 1,000 members worldwide in 6 major cities!

The way we did it was simple. We got 5-6 people together and found a place to meet. Each of us told our friends and they told theirs etc.

now we had it easy because we already have a bunch of clubs out here (castle, ibm, magic shops, etc.) But the beauty of the internet is you can post on forums or classified ads on Craigslist or on Facebook. Get the word out and get a few people involved. Those few people will bring friends and it will begin to expand.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results