How do you perform "Shapeshifter"?

How do you do "Shapeshifter"?

• Grip by index corners, using your middle finger.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Grip by index corners, using your thumb.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Grip by non-index corners, using your middle finger.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Grip by non-index corners, using your thumb.

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
I've been doing this change for a while now. When I first saw it done, I worked out a way that was right for me, and never bothered buying the DVD. Over the years, I've seen it done in all of these combinations. What do you do?
I grip from the top with my right hand by the index corners, and using my middle finger. I find this a lot easier to do with small hands.
Also, does anyone know which way DeSouza, the inventor, does it?
(If you think I'm exposing the trick, too much, then I'll take it down.)

The four alternatives are:
Grip by index corners, using your middle finger.
Grip by index corners, using your thumb.
Grip by non-index corners, using your middle finger.
Grip by non-index corners, using your thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I think it's more important how you finish the shapeshifter then how you do it, as it's just a blink and the card changed into another, but after that ... and yes I do perform shapeshifter with my middle finger

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I personally grip it by the index corners, and use my thumb. I find that this has worked very well for me, but I think I'm going to have to give the other methods a try.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
arvindj227 said:
This entire thread is exposure and discussion of an effect taught in a copyrighted DVD. How is this being allowed?

Cheers,

AJ

i guess hes right

Nov 5, 2007
i agree AJ you moved one of my threads for slieght exposure (ultra smoke 2000) i think you may remember it was only last night,i think this is bit more exposure than mine.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If you want to know the way that DeSouza does it, just buy the Shapeshifter DVD or buy one of DeSouza's products that teaches the move.

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results