How many people actually perform?

Do you perform for real-live people on a regular basis?

• Total voters
Dec 28, 2007
Sadly, I'm like you on this subject. I rarely perform for real. I just don't have the time. It pisses me off too. I feel even though I'm learning these tricks, I'm not going anywhere. I try to perform as much as possible at school, but even then, I'm lucky to fit in 1 or 2 performances a week. I don't have a car, so I can't just go out and do magic on the street. Any advice?
I can uncerstand how frustrating it can be not to be able to perform when you have spent a lot of time practising. You could look in a local paper and see if there any local events. I dont know your age or location (dont answer that question either) but you might find there are local youth groups, of a similar age to yourself who often have events running. Charity events are also a good place to start and you might find the organisers will get transport arranged for you. Micheal Ammar started out doing old folks homes (as stated in the magic of Michael Ammar). Try just entering your area and "charity event" in yahoo/google will also bring these up.
I did one last night and raised over £400 for the charity (brain tumor reserch) working the tables.
If you think you have found something suitable, just call or email the organisers.
To be your own manager in magic you have to learn to look out for opertunities everywhere. Good luck.

In answer to the original question, I have 2 residencies each week in resteraunts and do the charity events too.

Working live audiences is a fantastic rush.

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
I used to get into the habit of learning a lot of effects and practicing them for a long time, but never going out and performing when I first started out. For the past year though after I've been hanging with professionals I've been performing on a regular basis and I'm loving every minute of it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results