How to invisibly set up Ace through King of one suit in front of spectator?

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Yeah, that's gonna be tough. You're asking for a quarter of the deck in order. There are probably more productive things to practice. Having said that, you can do this with culling and the Chinese shuffle. The problem is you'd need to go through the deck 4 times and cull cards to do this. I suggest you do this as a way to practice culling (culling is awesome), but not necessarily to use for the trick. Though it would work well if you do it bit by bit between tricks in a longer routine and did this trick at the end. If you are looking for a quick, invisible setup to do the one trick with borrowed deck, I don't think there's a good method.

Reactions: PavloKK and JoshL8
Jul 17, 2022
I heard if you perfectly shuffle a deck of cards 8 times, it returns to it’s initial order. You could set the ace through king up before hand, perfect shuffle it 5 or so times, show the deck to be random, and complete the 8 by shuffling it for the spectator. The spectator could not shuffle it before hand, but at least it looks shuffled to them at first. Not sure if that’s what you’re looking for, and you would have to learn the perfect shuffle, but that’s the only way I can think of doing it.

Feb 16, 2024
You have the option of doing a mix of the Total Coincidence by Juan Tamariz and Disposition by Franco Pascali.

But if you want to give the deck to the spectator to shuffle, then the best option for you is to keep the stock in palm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results