how to pursue magic from here?

Aug 30, 2015
So my friend and I have been getting into magic for the past almost year. We have learned almost every tutorial out there, and now we don't know where to go to get better tricks. We wouldn't want to spend tons of money but some would be okay. I am wondering if someone either has a very little know YouTube channel or knows what else I could do to continue this passion. Help is much appreciated!!!!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
So my friend and I have been getting into magic for the past almost year. We have learned almost every tutorial out there, and now we don't know where to go to get better tricks. We wouldn't want to spend tons of money but some would be okay. I am wondering if someone either has a very little know YouTube channel or knows what else I could do to continue this passion. Help is much appreciated!!!!

The best you can do is get your information from books, not YouTube channels.

What type(s) of magic are you and your friend interested in?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah

You Tube is a good resource but is not the place to learn magic. Often times the magic has been ripped off and is taught poorly or incorrectly.

1. If you want more magic check out the library.
2. Purchase some magic books. Great titles include:

-Royal Road to Card Magic
-Expert Card Technique
-The Expert at the Card Table
-Mark Wilson's Encyclopedia of magic
-Bobo's Modern Coin Magic
-Corrindas 13 Steps to Mentalism

With any of the titles above you could become a world class entertainer and proffessional just by stdying the tricks in one of these books.

3. Join a magic club. Many clubs have magic libraries and there are many magicians who teach lessons in sleight of hand. Talk to them.

4. Perfect the magic you know and perform it often. You don't need to know a whole lot of magic to entertain others. If you know 12 good routines you could work close up at a restaurant.

5. Be careful of know it all syndrome. We all get to a point where what ever magic video we watch we can catch the majority of what is going on. It can feel like we know everything. The truth is, magic is one of the oldest art forms out there and I am constantly seeing and finding magic that is new to me, and I've been doing this for 20+ years. My favorite thing to do is sit back and pretend like I'm a layman, just to enjoy the magic.

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
as the josh said expert card techniques its an amazing book it has from utility sleights to routines and tricks that use them
and if you want to learn card tricks you should check out the basic sleights first that magic tricks uses
and i would also recommend checking out Jason England hes a god of cards, and The trilogy's first volume has amazing magic tricks as I have heard ( too bad its sold out)
and maybe Daniel Madison's dangerous first volume has some amazing magic and well explained.

and also as the josh said you don't have to perform that much magic you just have to perform whatever you know nicely or professionally withe a spirit of showmanship :D
i hope i helped

Reactions: Josh Burch
Sep 8, 2015
Thanks for all the help guys, Parker and I are trying everything we can to become the best we can and you guys just helped. I'll take up the library idea and check sometime this week at our public library, so thanks for suggesting some books. And yes I am the friend that Parker was talking about in the beginning, thanks for all the help!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results