Hypnosis

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hey

Can anyone recomened any books/ DVD's for a biginner on Hypnosis. I jsut got interested in this subject, since someone said " if you were really good at magic, could you hypnoties me?" and now i wan't to learn it. I just wan't something simple like they forget the number 3 or they don't know there schools name. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance

Felix

I personally do not know of any Hypnosis books, but I can tell you that it is not something you can learn overnight. It takes a lot of practice and in a lot of cases will not work.

As a form of magic, you can use Mentalism to accomplish some of the things that hypnosis can achieve. Such as muscle reading.

I hope I helped.

Mitchell

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I personally do not know of any Hypnosis books, but I can tell you that it is not something you can learn overnight. It takes a lot of practice and in a lot of cases will not work.

As a form of magic, you can use Mentalism to accomplish some of the things that hypnosis can achieve. Such as muscle reading.

I hope I helped.

Mitchell

Ahh cool, thanks Michell.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm not sure if your one of them, but a lot of people seem to mix up hypnosis with mentalism and suggestion. In fact, thats because they really are all mixed up in a way. Check out Building blocks by luke jermay. It tells you how suggestions work and how to make your own, its a very good read, and has a lot of effects.

Luke also has an effect called twisted palm (I think thats in another book), where the spec sees the lines in there hand twist around. All this is done by suggestion. So pick up building blocks if you really want to learn these sort of things.

Sep 4, 2007
in a lot of cases will not work.

That is simply not true. A very low percentage of mankind cannot be hypnotized. VERY low. Almost everyone young and old can be hypnotized so please educate yourself before making a blanket statement.

Felix - I've PM'd you to recommend some things to look into.

urban

Sep 2, 2007
London
There is debate about exactly what constitutes hypnosis, but the tricks you describe, making someone forget a particular fact or that kind of suggestion can be acheived very easily without recourse to a full-on "trance" induction. My day job is sales, so I'm really into the craft of psychological influence.

If someone asks me about hypnosis, my standard trick is to make them forget their name. If you want me to go in depth on the scripting I use then PM me and I'll go through it with you.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
There is debate about exactly what constitutes hypnosis, but the tricks you describe, making someone forget a particular fact or that kind of suggestion can be acheived very easily without recourse to a full-on "trance" induction. My day job is sales, so I'm really into the craft of psychological influence.

If someone asks me about hypnosis, my standard trick is to make them forget their name. If you want me to go in depth on the scripting I use then PM me and I'll go through it with you.

Thanks.

Felix

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey there,

Which kind of hypnosis are you looking for because there are many types. There is stage hypnosis, then there is more intimate hypnosis wher eyou perform it in a nice quite room.

But if you are not sure, I woudl recomend getting practical hypnosis by Ed Wolf, But I find that you will ned a friend that is also into hypnosis read through that book with you as well.

I hope this helps you out.

Talk to ya soon,

Allan Luu

Jan 13, 2008
I too would like to get into hyponisis but I am not quite sure where to start, I am more interested in group/stage hypnotism, Darren Brown is a name that gets brought up when I am performing for people and I as them if they have ever seen any magic before.

Chris

Sep 2, 2007
London
To make people think you have Derren Brown-type skills, I find the best thing is to force a card, put the deck to one side and then spend about five minutes reading their body-language, like "Now look at me, imagine I've got red in this hand and black in the other hand, OK....now if I cross my hands, imagine the colours have changed sides...Oh, I saw that flicker there, don't make this too easy for me, try not to give anything away....." All this kind of stuff really draws them into the idea that you are influencing them to give information away and really builds up a challenge situation that you can milk for all it's worth. By the end, they have completely forgotten about the cards, and it appears to be purely between my mind and theirs.

This is, by far, the most powerful thing I do with cards because people genuinely believe it and it plays to their intelligence. They don't see themselves as being fooled, they just allow themselves to be impressed by your skill because they think they can see what you're doing.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I too would like to get into hyponisis but I am not quite sure where to start, I am more interested in group/stage hypnotism, Darren Brown is a name that gets brought up when I am performing for people and I as them if they have ever seen any magic before.

Chris

I have two DVD sets on stage hypnosis which were very good. I just cant remember the name of the set. When I get back into town I can look it up and post the name here.

-ThrallMind

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I've been doing stage hypnosis for a number of years now.

Here what I've found:

Hypnosis is really just concentration, relaxation, desire of the participant and suggestion. In fact, we all go into a "trance" everyday.

It's like going to the movies. You sit in a comfortable seat, and you let the film take you: your heart pumps during the car chases, you may cry with the main charactor, you get into the story, and all during that time, you never hear the guy who's muching on his popcorn loudly two rows behind you.

Hypnosis is that, with the added suggestion from the hypnotist.

There are several books to choose from. Since you mentioned Derren Brown, I'll start with him. His book "Tricks of the Mind" I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone who wants to go into the field of "suggestion magic". His approach is very real and he's a skeptic, so there won't be any "supernatural" flim-flam.

Also seek out "The Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis" by Ormond McGill. That's a good prep book.

And also, you don't need a "College of Hypnosis" to learn how to do it. They are expensive and really don't give you anything you can't get with a little practice and some research. Hypnosis is a natural state we all put ourselves into every day: whether we are watching a movie, solving a problem, doing a repetative task, reading a book, whatever takes concentration, there's a point in which sometimes, the "outside world" fades away and you are fixated on something - and open to suggestion.

There are many ways to reach this "state of mind", and there are ways that one can help someone else achieve it.

Have any questions, feel free to pm me. :)

If you are interested in actual hypnosis as a stage routine you may want to check out the book Ronning Guide to Modern Stage Hypnosis. I have not read it, but I have heard that it gives a lot of valuble information about what to do and not to do during a performance...

As far as schools that teach hypnotism, try looking up programs like hypnotherapist and such... I think you may find some leads there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results