hypnosis

Nov 13, 2016
So i just started getting into hypnosis and wached spideys dvds ,ormand mcquil new enceclopedia of hypnosis and saw james brown penguin live...
So im getting abit confused:is hypnosis a trance like spidey and allot of other stuff out there or is it like james explained and nothing to do with that or maybe even the others agree the in essence hypnosis works like james explained but added stuff to it......?
I know i dont sound clear and maybe its because im just confused..
What do you think hypnosis is and how it works?
Any help is greatly appreciated.(and you will have the satisfaction of helping my to add more to my repetoire aside from my mentalism and magic (and yes i know they dont go to well together....or do they...lol)
And ps luke jermays touching on hypnosis wich requires no hypnosis is great (even as a backup plan because it looks so real! And it might actually come very close to real hypnosis if you play it right...)and im sure there are more great stuff out there (hypno heat...))
Thx!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I understand your confusion. Mostly because we (as a society) actually have more or less no idea why hypnosis works.

Here's the one thing we know is happening: Someone in a hypnotic state is able to focus on a single idea at a time, to the degre to which their critical faculty is subverted. Therefore, what they imagine to be true, becomes true, at least to their perception.

Experiments have shown that someone in a true hypnotic trance does react in a physiologically different way to those who are not in trance.

Here's the deal about hypnosis: Everyone who does hypnosis forms their own model of what hypnosis is and what it can do.

Do you need to do the "ritual of hypnosis" as James Brown puts it? No. It is an easy matter to guide someone into a more suggestible state without ever doing anything like what you'll see a stage hypnotist do. When I'm doing casual hypnotic demonstrations I usually skip the "induction" completely, and go straight from "normal" to "hypnotized" through a series of imagination exercises and suggestibility tests.

So why do some people still do that ritual? Some of them do it because that's how they were taught, so that's their model. Some of them do it for the theatricality of it. Some of them do it so that what the subject experiences is congruent with what they expect to experience - which helps get them to the state needed.

What really matters is this: Hypnosis works, so form your own model and work from there.

I recommend studying as much as possible to get as many viewpoints as possible. Mike Mandel is my preferred instructor, and I would say anyone who wants to pursue hypnosis should at least do his Online Hypnosis Academy.

Apr 12, 2017
Hypnosis is a natural way of finding and fixing the life problems indirectly through some communications. It used hypnotherapy for various purposes, such as to improve sports performance, to grow business faster and for health care, even hypnosis is a best technique to get rid of bad habits such as smoking, drinking, tobacco dipping etc. If you want to know more about hypnosis then visit dawngrant.com.

Nov 13, 2016
Thx guys!
I just started the headhacking/anthony Jacquin street hypnosis dvds.
Started reading Anthony's "reality is plastic"and ormand mcguill hypnosis enceclopedia.
I hope that should teach me something lol.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I personally think Reality is Plastic is the best place to start for entertainment hypnosis. It's an inexpensive investment and teaches the foundations.

The Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis is best to think of as a reference. It's got a lot of great info, but it's written from outdated theories.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results