I.B.M. Ring #39

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
ok guys
i don't know if we have talked about IBM or SAM but i think it is an important subject to talk about because magicians need a fellowship (no just online forums:confused:)

I live here in good old Houston, TX!
the last IBM meeting here was Monday and i always have fun meeting new magicians and talking to old ones (some really old) (85!)
but its always a great time to see my magician friends (ricky smith, danny garcia)
in fact i won a raffle there and i got danny's notes "blueprints" and he signed it for me.

I also got to perform "panic" for a group of about 30 magicians and almost all of them flipped. You could see the look on the faces of the older ones wondering what in the world i did!

Its great to learn from the guys with lots of experience (bill palmer) and getting to meet new magicians and show them your stuff (Brady!)
Dan and dave were even here last july! (they are awesome by the way)

I think its just nice to hang out with other magicians and this is one of the easiest ways possible

so go ahead and say something about your ring
or go and join one!

P.S. if any of you are in houston pm me or email and we can meet up at H&R books!

Oct 10, 2007
Ibm

I'm 16, and i've been to about 4 IBM meetings, i've already gotten alot of stuff out of attending and its great to preform for other magicians.

Ring 63 FTW! =P

Ibm Ring(s)

I firmly agree about the fellowship aspect of magic. I am a new commer to the Magic community (about 3 years now) and am a member of my local Magic group(s) The Capitol Area Professional Magicians. Its a joint SAM & IBM group here in Harrisburg, PA.

If your a member of a group, be active & enjoy everything magic and your fellow magicians have to offer. If your not then look for one or start your own. I enjoyed my once a month meetings so much that I made my own informal group that meets every Wednesday Wednesday Night Magic at the local Denny's Resturant in their metting room.

AS Lance Burton Says:

So my advice would be to find a magician in your area who has been around awhile. The best way to learn is from a live person.
Lance Burton

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
I'm part of Ring 66 in Calgary (The Les Brockelsby ring). We just had our annual "Evening of Magic Show", which is a full-scale theatre production that our club puts on, giving everyone a chance to perform in front of a full theatre of people. It went great.

I'm actually giving a mini-lecture this upcoming thursday for the club on my coin work. Hopefully it'll go well; it's my first lecture.

Scott Baird.

i'm part of ring 101 in illion New York. I absolutely love having a place to go and talk to other magicians and show them things. as far as I know, I am the only one who can do anysort of xcm in the ring LOL! one man in my ring actually beat michael ammar in a close-up competition!

I would love to associate with fellow Magicians, but I have no clue what is available in Dallas, TX.

It would be nice to start something here, but how do you find out who lives in your area.

Could there be a way to list members to the forums by location. This means everyone would need to update their profile to be correct and not say something like Mars.

T11 would need to somehow make it a search option. This would be great. We could all search out areas and maybe start smaller groups.

What do you guys think?

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I've been thinking about joining IMB ring 192 over here in Sacramento CA. But I haven't been to a meeting to ask for papers for joining. I think I found the papers I need on their site. Is it just the ring application and the national application forms I need?

I've been thinking about joining IMB ring 192 over here in Sacramento CA. But I haven't been to a meeting to ask for papers for joining. I think I found the papers I need on their site. Is it just the ring application and the national application forms I need?

I think its true for all rings, but for mine you must perform at two meetings and get voted into the ring. You can just fill out and send out papers for international though.

Sharp

I'm 16, and i've been to about 4 IBM meetings, i've already gotten alot of stuff out of attending and its great to preform for other magicians.

Ring 63 FTW! =P

I have been to a couple of your meetings and I liked them alot. I am a fellow member of T.A.O.M. and S.A.M. and of course the FTW Club PM me for further details. And Dallas has a good Dallas Magicians Club available I will try and find the info on that for you guys in Dallas soon. These organizations are important for all magicians alike no matter what age. They keep you in touch with reality and humble to the art I would recommend to everyone to either join or start their own it helps on every aspect of our art to think together.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
If any body is going to be in central Florida, particularly Leesburg (or anywhere near there), please do contact me I go to IBM ring 258 in which I am one of only two teenagers (I'm 16) and i would like my ring to see that there are other people my age who prefer slights to gimmicks, like I do.

Every time I start to display my latest flourish or something they all laugh a little because they don't see the point. The closest thing to the flourishes I do is there is one ore two people who used to do an old fashioned maniplulation act, you know where they will do the same production five or six times.

I would love to have someone in to talk to about these things because as you would guess my ring dosen't know much about it.

Oct 14, 2007
hey man, i think ud better shoot the cards a little bit forward and though out you middle finger.watch the ots will help u!it helps me much

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results