I Have A Scary Story For You...

Just Happend right now..

I was working on photoshop and all of a sudden The string for the ceiling fan Like move.It has Tape Around it so I heard it being grabed.I turned around And it was moving back and forth Like It was moved or something.I thought It was my mom,Since she was the only one awake in the living room.
Damn I was scared..
Just wanted to share what happend in my room before mad tv started..
Sprry if it's not Magic Related.

Just Happend right now..

I was working on photoshop and all of a sudden The string for the ceiling fan Like move.It has Tape Around it so I heard it being grabed.I turned around And it was moving back and forth Like It was moved or something.I thought It was my mom,Since she was the only one awake in the living room.
Damn I was scared..

Before I begin, take note that I am a HUGE skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. Aliens, ghosts.....stuff like that, it's crazy. So if you do believe in the paranormal, sorry if this post makes you mad, you are free to debate against me. :)
I admit, the experience would have creeped me out too, but think about it for a second.

This could have been many things:

-Air. The air in your house could have moved it, but that still does not explain the noise it made.
- A bug. There could have been a bug flying around in the house and it hit the string. Simple.
- The noise you heard might not have been the tape. It could have very well been the light bulb crackling. Many possibilities.

That's all i've got for now. I'll brew up something good though.....muahahaha!

Anthony Bass

Sep 1, 2007
I hate when stuff like that happens. It was probably either if it was on, it needs more oil ;)

Orr the lightbulb need more oil :p

Sep 1, 2007
Just Happend right now..

Damn I was scared..

Let me guess...you where watching a scary movie within the past few days right?

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
(Okay, I'm also a huge skeptic).

The point is, that even though it can't be explained does not necessarily mean it's "supernatural".

I could be many different mundane things and you could never know what it is.

Besides, if it was ghosts, why the hell would they play with the lights? :)

Much more likely it was a burst of wind or even a bug.

How about rather than us proving it's not a ghost we use the assumption that it wasn't a ghost and work backwards from there. Once you rule out the impossible, the highly improbably becomes possible.

L

Liam Carrie

Man i had an experience like that, Except i as sleeping in my basement all alone when i woke up to the noise of screaming. i looked to my left and saw a rotting man dressed in black. He looked at me, smiled with his repulsive teeth then dissapeared. This was at my friends house at 1:00 in the mrning i swear i did not make this up.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
How about rather than us proving it's not a ghost we use the assumption that it wasn't a ghost and work backwards from there. Once you rule out the impossible, the highly improbably becomes possible.

This philosphy is very good, but first in order to make ghosts an "improbablity" you have to prove that they are not an "impossiblity". In other words, one has to prove ghosts exists in order for it to be a very imporabable answer.

So far, there is no scientific or concrete proof of ghosts. In all the centuries people have believed in them or stated anidotal (forgive my spelling, please) evidence, there has never been proof.

So therefore, you statement has to rule out ghosts because there are not even in the "improbable" catagory.

Please, please, please, please don't take this post personally. I am not in anyway attacking you or the OP. I'm just simply giving a rebuttal in (I hope) a healthy form of debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man i had an experience like that, Except i as sleeping in my basement all alone when i woke up to the noise of screaming. i looked to my left and saw a rotting man dressed in black. He looked at me, smiled with his repulsive teeth then dissapeared. This was at my friends house at 1:00 in the mrning i swear i did not make this up.

There are a few explanations for this. One which happened to me alot was when your extremely tired and had a dream, when you wake up you see those things in real life because your not fully awake. To solve this you just need to rub your eyes. Another reason would be that it was a ghost(1/100,000) chance. Or hopefully not that you have schizopherenia a disease which drives you crazy.

My story is that one night it was very cold so I closed my window and fell asleep. When I woke up in the middle of the night I saw that the window was open. It was not my parents because I sleeped way after them and woke up in the middle of the night. Then the next day I was at the computer on theory11. Went to the bathroom and when I came back it was at E.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results