I love these forums so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Oy vey, I was just at the E forums. I can't breathe there. Here it's nice and warm. Here it's like America. There it's like East Germany.

I'm just going to watch 6 old coins with CK and Dori. That will take the empty feelings away.

We may not acknowledge this as much as we should, but freedom is so nice. It's nice to be able to intelligently discuss magic and the issues surrounding it. I appreciate the T11 forums so very very much.

Aug 31, 2007
That's really an opinion, these forums are a little hard for me to get used to, but you have an opinion. And it's not really a suprise that we can openly discuss magic. 70% of magic sites let you discuss magic openly. But even though there are much better sites for forums, these forums are great, because the admins are so interactive, even though it's a shopping site.

Yea, I agree. I made a post over there, and made some pretty good points. Then Sean (Tempest) goes ahead and tries to argue them (unsuccessfully) and closes the thread before I have a chance to reply. It's **** like that that irritates me. I don't have a problem with the E forums that much, just some of the people over there.

Goudinov, I like. RJ, I like. AJ, don't really know well enough one way or the other. Sean, that was just a ****ty thing to do my friend. If you're going to quote my whole post and criticize everything I say, at least allow me the courtesy to respond back.

-Steve

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I love, love, LOVE this forum. I've been banned from many a forum for offending the wrong person, I've seen my messages both deleted and edited to match a "party line", and I simply cannot express how great it is to be somewhere that they don't do that.

Well, occasionally they edit, but I have to admit they do a proper job of it AND leave a note that says why they did it. I may not like that, but I respect it.

Sorry for the gushy post. I've been drinking. (Surprise, surprise.)

Aug 31, 2007
Steven I honestly hate it when people reply to your post but it gets locked before you can do anything about it.

Sep 1, 2007
What I really like about it here is that it's just so damn happy-go-lucky.

I honestly have a good time here talking with everyone.

I used to hang around the E forums alot, then I kinda stopped (for no reason, I dunno why I stopped), then T11 came around, and i've stuck with these forums for a long time. They do seem looser. I tried to go back and visit the E forums, and I just couldn't even force myself to post there. Couldn't do it.

Anthony Bass

Yea, I agree. I made a post over there, and made some pretty good points. Then Sean (Tempest) goes ahead and tries to argue them (unsuccessfully) and closes the thread before I have a chance to reply. It's **** like that that irritates me. I don't have a problem with the E forums that much, just some of the people over there.

Goudinov, I like. RJ, I like. AJ, don't really know well enough one way or the other. Sean, that was just a ****ty thing to do my friend. If you're going to quote my whole post and criticize everything I say, at least allow me the courtesy to respond back.

-Steve

Well hey...happy days...I was just in the process of replying to your post Steve and it was closed, so what the hell...I'll post my reply here.

For the record...I think Sean argued his side ok.
I understand why you are put out, not being able to reply his post n' all...

So what the hell...take it out on me.
These days...it seems that's all I'm good for....ha.

ORIGINAL POST NOT ABLE TO SUBMIT IN E THREAD:

Respectfully,
Steve

Steve,

While I understand your position, you have answered, to some degree, your own question here in red bold...

Yes, I realize these are not public boards and E owns and runs them...therefore, we play by the rules. But my question is where do we draw the line? What is allowed and not allowed, and how do we differentiate from the two?

We abide by the rules set or we don't and we go away. Pretty simple. The world is replete with cases of "Where does it all end?" but in the end, unless something is harmful and / or lawfully unjust, then...well, we have to live with it. If this wasn't the case then we would have no governments, no law, no right and wrong. And in many parts of the world, that is just the case. This situation we have right here, no offence, is trivial and not worth serious argument or discussion.

It is what it is, and our lives can go on as normal with or without its resolve.

We should all be thankful to have such trivial problems to get worked up over.

Yes, I realize these are not public boards and E owns and runs them...therefore, we play by the rules. But my question is where do we draw the line? What is allowed and not allowed, and how do we differentiate from the two?

And this bit, again in red bold...

Again, is it really worth justification or debate?
It is...once again, simply what it is; these are the rules and all we can do is follow them or not, in which case we can go our merry way and find that which we seek, unbidden as it may be by rules and regulation. Ultimately, this is pointless (if you'll pardon the somewhat aggressive nature of these words) to be concerned about. There is no wrong doing here, no travesty of justice. There is simply a set of rules in place to make sure that a creators time and expense is not made worthless and that new people to magic are ensured to grow up with it in the appropriate manner.

For sure there are grey areas, aren't there always?

I for one believe that pets in clothes are a sinful spite on our pure and clean world, and that the world we live in is as dirty and unclean as a cat in hat wearing a red coat and being walked around the streets as if it were a dog...and in as much my world is a twisted maelstrom of inconsistencies and mind-bending incongruities...but then it's never stopped me from having a normal and healthy existence.

Well, except for the pixies....the mischievous little pointy-eared harridans are everywhere, plaguing my every waking second....

Just LEAVE ME ALONE.....

Sorry.

Anyway, the overriding point is that is this whole thing worth even a minute of our time trying to justify or deconstruct?

Ahem...umm...well, i was going to say, No....but, err...

Well, it's late...what do you people want from me...huh??

Rabid Out

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I just couldn't even force myself to post there.

Me either. I've been there as long as I've been here... but never posted.

It just feels wrong. I'd like to figure out what it is, because (apart from just being a massive marketing and economics geek) I'm sure the guys at E would like their forum to be better; but that's really all it is.

The guys at E... let's see if I can say this out loud... just don't seem to engender trust. They feel like snake oil salesmen. And there's absolutely no legitimate reason for me to think that; they fill orders quickly and well, their products are high quality (or at least the cards are), and there's simply no reason why I should distrust them. But somehow, I do. It just doesn't feel like I can trust them. And I don't know how they could fix that, because I don't really know how it happened.

The guys at E... let's see if I can say this out loud... just don't seem to engender trust. They feel like snake oil salesmen. And there's absolutely no legitimate reason for me to think that; they fill orders quickly and well, their products are high quality (or at least the cards are), and there's simply no reason why I should distrust them. But somehow, I do. It just doesn't feel like I can trust them. And I don't know how they could fix that, because I don't really know how it happened.

I don't distrust E. Not at all. I just can't find myself to post in the forums. Alot of the people there are highly disrespectful. Not all of them, must alot of them. The people here at T11 are nice, respectful, and down to earth. I love it.

I am with you guys, I left E came here and every-time I go back there some punk is always trying to start something and their Mods are egotistical power mongers and to top it off half of them haven't seen the day of light with magic like I have there's no respect there for the experienced workers in the field. By the way my username is DEADGHOST there if anyone has a problem with me. The few mods I do like there are RJ, Goudinov, Desmit, Aj. I enjoy Steerpike he always speaks his mind with respect to the rest and Rabid. There are other members there I respect and don't get me wrong it's not all the members I have problems with, I'm still a member myself it's their forums period. Man I used to love those forums but I definitely think they've changed for the worst. Sorry about my rant there. I'm done.:mad:

Rabid,

How 'bout we just take this outside, mmmkay?! :p

*opens door for Rabid and grabs baseball bat on way out*

Actually, I don't even know what went on with the Fallen thread, but oh well. I was just proving a point, that not everyone has the same set of ethics per say, and to try and make people all in the same regarding the topic is not a good way to run a business. Myself, I'm probably going to be purchasing Fallen from eBay or The Magic Cafe after it comes out, just because I've had it up to here with some people there. RJ, Desmit, AJ, Steerpike, Goud...I all like those guys. But when it gets to the point I can't even respond to someone that's talking directly to me, it gets a bit too much.

Oh well....mistake made, lesson learned.

Best.
Steve

P.S. Rabid, you still rock. And don't worry, I'd never have you put down either. ;)

Rabid,

How 'bout we just take this outside, mmmkay?! :p

*opens door for Rabid and grabs baseball bat on way out*

Dude...

If I was to step outside now I'd fall three stories and make a mess on the pavement. Is that what you want? Huh? Messy pavements? Where will it end? Dirty street-corners? Filthy back alleys...

ok...I'm stopping this conversation.

And don't worry, I'd never have you put down either. ;)

Foolishly, you're assuming you could do such a thing.
A vet made such an assumption once.
He now sits at the north-east corner of Leicester Square playing a cracked banjo with only three fingers. The others I had in a floured bap with mustard and fried onions. Kinda' crunchy but what the hell...beggars can't be choosers.

Peace Out

Rabid

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I feel like another great thing about the t11 forums is that in a way, the members almost police it. We all know what's ok and what isn't. We help each other out.

(I need to stop this before I break out into song...)

The moderators here are like guides, not members of the red party.

Fun stuff, fun stuff...

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Hrmm....I think we can show our love for the T11 forums without bashing E. Different strokes for different folks. They are free to run their forums as they please in all honesty. Please take this the right way....if you don't like the food don't go back to the restaurant =)

That aside, I dig the questions and great conversation on these forums lately. There have been some incredibly stimulating conversations and questions posted over the last few days that really forced me to think deeply about my own magic and creativity.

Keep in mind that the freedom is great so long as it isn't abused. I would hate to see the screws tightened down around here because things got out of hand on a few threads. If someone says something you disagree with or makes an irrational post you can simply report it for being out of line, ignore it completely and let the mods deal with it, or make a well thought out response without being insulting in return.

We are beyond the comparisons here guys so lets just let things speak for themselves at this point. Keep up the great magic discussion and helping others along the way.

--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results