Idea for a New Trick Deck

May 3, 2008
I have an idea for a trick deck and I was wondering if it's been done before.

So basically it works a bit like a Svengali Deck in terms of concept.

All of the cards are regular on the top half of the face but are the same on the other half. For example, all the cards' faces are split in half so that on the top half it's an ordinary random card however on the bottom it's the same for each card. Let's say the 3 of spades.

There are lots of things you could do with this. Hold the deck so the random cards are towards the spectator and you could riffle the cards and fan them face up to show them all different. Then to force a card all you would have to do is spin the deck, have them touch a card, and out jog it. You just need to make sure they don't see the bottom half of the card. And then you could turn all the cards into that by just fanning them again.

Oh yeah and the bottom card would be a completely normal card.

It's a bit hard to explain and it would require an entire deck of specially printed cards but what do you think?

Its a nice idea, i think what you have come up with here is an application for the Svengali deck because the deck you described is basically that.

So if you where interested in testing it out try getting a Svengali deck and it sounds as though it works nice with that.

May 3, 2008
I don't think you quite understand it. All the cards are specially printed so that the bottom half of the face is printed with a 3 of spades and the top half is a regular random card.

May 3, 2008
yea that sounds alright. but what would you do with that?
just wondering.
there is a deck Kindof like that. i cant remember what it is called. not exactly but its a half and half kind of deck.

Im not completely sure. It was just kind of a brain fart.

Theres the mind power deck, which is very close to this. Its advantage is that they can look and pick a card out of the spread just in their minds.

It is a pretty good idea, but I like the mind power deck better.

i don't really know about it, one thing i know that the audience wants to do is fully inspect the deck and im not sure you could conceal the true nature of the deck if you were to spread or fan, i have seen what is called the mirage deck which is like a combo of the invisable deck and svengali, so you can spread the cards but and because of rough and smooth backs the alternating fored called is hidden, but you can riffle/dribble through for the same effect

i had a thought, maybe if you had only the bottom left (which is also the top right upsidedown) with the forced card so that when you fan one way they see the cards but when you fan the other they are gone, and if the pick a card just pull it out and only show the corner, just a though

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results