Ideas for app/site

Jul 26, 2017
I'm a web developer. I'm doing few of my own little mini projects and I thought to myself, would it be cool to make some website/app for magic community. I mean we have forums (T11, magic cafe), and groups on other sites like reddit, or maybe you are part of a group on facebook or I don't know. But I don't know any website/app that is specifically for magicians and magic community. So basically I'm asking you guys if you have any ideas. And I don't mean "social media for magicians only" or "magic trick app". I'm thinking something, anything, that would actually be usefull for magicians, perhaps on daily basis. Maybe something for working magicians, maybe something for hobbyists. Any idea is welcome. :)

Nov 3, 2018
The way I understand it, you're pretty much describing T11:
  • website/app specifically for magicians: check
  • useful for magicians: check
  • daily basis: check - well, nearly always check
Am I misunderstanding what you meant? If so, would you care to elaborate on the points I misunderstood?
Thanks!

Jul 26, 2017
I was thinking more like a "tool".
I can't be more specific, that's why I'm asking for an idea haha
But lets say like this, what tool/app could make a magicinas life easier?
T11 is just a forum for discussion (and sellers of magic of course).

I forgot what's the name of the website (someone here knows) that acts like an encyclopedia for magic, that has a list of moves and books where they can be found, for when you're doing a research.
It solves a problem of founding moves and who came up with what and where it can be found.

I don't know if I explained it any good haha

Anyway.. this is just me trying to combine my passion for programming and magic, and build something for magic community

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Conjuring Archive.

If I'm being totally honest I can't think of anything I would use regularly, let alone daily. Particularly not an app or anything using technology, really.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm a web developer. I'm doing few of my own little mini projects and I thought to myself, would it be cool to make some website/app for magic community. I mean we have forums (T11, magic cafe), and groups on other sites like reddit, or maybe you are part of a group on facebook or I don't know. But I don't know any website/app that is specifically for magicians and magic community. So basically I'm asking you guys if you have any ideas. And I don't mean "social media for magicians only" or "magic trick app". I'm thinking something, anything, that would actually be usefull for magicians, perhaps on daily basis. Maybe something for working magicians, maybe something for hobbyists. Any idea is welcome. :)

I'd love to see a place where you can post all of the magic shows coming up in the world. Someplace where I can type in a city and the magic shows in that city pop up.

Reactions: MohanaMisra
Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
I'd love to see a place where you can post all of the magic shows coming up in the world. Someplace where I can type in a city and the magic shows in that city pop up.
That's a great idea but You Tube isn't too shabby on that tbh...[shrugs]
Really cool idea though.
A visual conjuring archive with performances of sleights or real-life shows using them along with the source is pretty cool too...

Vanishing Inc has an app, although it's Apple-only.
Know what? Just make a damn social media app for magicians and I'm ready for it. Can't get enough of only-magic-chats-dms-articles-blogs-videos, you know?

Jul 26, 2017
what stack you work on?

.NET / C# primarily for backend and I dabble in React for frontend, but not much

Yeah, that's cool idea, something like that should probably be community driven so people could update cities and shows, and it probably would take some time because there's a lot of cities and countries and even more shows so I don't even know how would one gather all that data, except take updates from people all over the world.

Know what? Just make a damn social media app for magicians and I'm ready for it. Can't get enough of only-magic-chats-dms-articles-blogs-videos, you know?

I already thought about it, the question is how many people would really use it, I mean do people really wanna another social media app, I see most magicians just go on subreddits or make some group on facebook or discord and that's pretty much it.

Both are good ideas actually, maybe there should be some kind of pole to see if most people are actually interested in something like that

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results