If you can pick up the money you can have it

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
First off, good job! You did everything you were trying to do and you ended on a successful note. That's really good.

That being said, you definitely made your job harder than it had to be. It seems to me that you didn't have this planned out. I have found, personally, that any time I'm just making it up as I went, it isn't as good as it could be. Also, some of your phrasing could be redone - this may be a language barrier, I honestly don't know.

For all I know this was one of your earlier hypnosis attempts and you've honed it a lot more since then. Like I said, you did what you were trying to do and that's ultimately all that matters. I do think you could fine tune your wording and build up a few set routines that will help keep it flowing and smooth, though.

@ Isaac , thank you, check out Anthony Jacquins book, reality is plastic, He also has some yt videos teaching the basics, when you're done with the book, make sure to check out his Manchurian Approach dvd, you won't need any other sources :) All the best :)

@Explicit , thank you :D

@Christopher , you are correct as always, I've only recently been adding scripts to my performances, at first I thought it wouldn't help, but it's like a safety net and like oil in a machine keeping everything moving at a better pace.Thank you, ill be sure to improve.

trickstr

Banned
May 9, 2014
canada
HELLO HAROON SADER,
Does hypnosis really work that way ? Is it that reliable ? If it is all about pacing and tone of suggestion, why does people hear the suggestion from home won't fall into trance? Does the hypnotic suggestion change with change in language ? OR you have to be really choosy to find a highly receptive laymen? HOPE YOU WILL ANSWER MY DOUBTS...........! I asking this questions because i love art of mentalism and i want learn hypnosis. If you can't answer my doubts in an open forum please give me a private message.
Have a good one

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
@ Isaac , thank you, check out Anthony Jacquins book, reality is plastic, He also has some yt videos teaching the basics, when you're done with the book, make sure to check out his Manchurian Approach dvd, you won't need any other sources :) All the best :)

I don't know if it was out when you were first learning but Anthony put out "The Trilby Connection" somewhat recently. In it, he takes a student from basically nothing (She knew a little bit about hypnosis but had never studied or tried it) to being able to walk up to someone in a bar and hypnotize them. What I really like about this is that since it's a live-learning situation you're seeing someone who's not doing it perfectly the first time and has to make adjustments to what they're doing and is asking questions as she goes. Personally, this is the one that convinced me that I'm definitely able to do this.

@Christopher , you are correct as always, I've only recently been adding scripts to my performances, at first I thought it wouldn't help, but it's like a safety net and like oil in a machine keeping everything moving at a better pace.Thank you, ill be sure to improve.

You're very kind. I wouldn't say I'm always correct, though. I'm just obsessing over hypnosis lately so I'm devouring resources as quickly as I can find them.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'll toss in my 2 cents in case you're interested. I'm going to break your post up for clarity.

Does hypnosis really work that way ?

Obviously it does - he just did it in the video. I've done similar demonstrations myself. I often start with something like this as it's generally one of the easier phenomenon to create.

Is it that reliable ?

Yes - when done correctly.

If it is all about pacing and tone of suggestion, why does people hear the suggestion from home won't fall into trance?

It's not all about pacing and tone. Also - it's possible that some people will slip into a trance watching someone else get hypnotized.

Does the hypnotic suggestion change with change in language ?

Only in so much as you'll have to rephrase things to work best with the personality. What I mean there is - Whatever language you're using, you'll be basically saying the same thing ("Relax", "Close your eyes", etc) but you may take a different approach if someone is very critically minded, or if someone is very visual, etc.

OR you have to be really choosy to find a highly receptive laymen?

In an entertainment situation it's a good idea to find the one who's going to drop into a trance very easily - this is more to be able to provide a good show, though. Pretty much anyone can be hypnotized by a skilled hypnotist - because it's not something that is done to you, it's something that is done with you. As long as the subject can focus and understand you, they can be hypnotized. The chances are that everyone reading this post has been hypnotized hundreds, possibly thousands of times in their life without realizing it.

Hey trickstr , if that is your real name :|, just joking... Read Christopher's answer (he does my work for me sometimes) :D. , it works but you first have to believe it will, I've been criticized many times for not planning things or adding proper scripting (but things work out in the end), and I truly know It's something I really need to work on. But you don't need to be perfect in order to get someone "under", just believe it yourself and do it. I'ts only once never worked, and I was on a stage, ( a guy "broke" out of it saying.. "it's all in your head", I replied, but for a moment you couldn't move, he agreed and I moved onto another subject. It's like cold reading, you just have to go out there and do it. That's all I can say... Don't worry about the wording too much, just believe. Sometimes you just get some subjects that will do absolutely anything you suggest, then milk it with everything you have. Make up things on the way and have some fun. I'ts like magic, some people respond really well and some people don't, but they each experience the same effect, of-course , its harder with skeptics or hecklers, try to stay away from them. Otherwise have fun and it will work more than it won't, hope I helped. :)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hey trickstr , if that is your real name :|, just joking... Read Christopher's answer (he does my work for me sometimes) :D. , it works but you first have to believe it will, I've been criticized many times for not planning things or adding proper scripting (but things work out in the end), and I truly know It's something I really need to work on. But you don't need to be perfect in order to get someone "under", just believe it yourself and do it. I'ts only once never worked, and I was on a stage, ( a guy "broke" out of it saying.. "it's all in your head", I replied, but for a moment you couldn't move, he agreed and I moved onto another subject. It's like cold reading, you just have to go out there and do it. That's all I can say... Don't worry about the wording too much, just believe. Sometimes you just get some subjects that will do absolutely anything you suggest, then milk it with everything you have. Make up things on the way and have some fun. I'ts like magic, some people respond really well and some people don't, but they each experience the same effect, of-course , its harder with skeptics or hecklers, try to stay away from them. Otherwise have fun and it will work more than it won't, hope I helped. :)

I definitely agree with this at the beginning - Learning how to speak 'hypnotically' and think on your feet is super important. But once you start really aiming for specific phenomenon you do have to worry about how you word things, because the wrong wording can absolutely undo the work you've done getting to a certain point.

However, that said, it is more important when you start out to just do it. All the theory in the world doesn't get the job done - it just fine tunes the technique. The important thing is learning the basics and getting a subject and getting it to work that first time. If possible, I had a lot of help because I piggy-backed on someone else who was learning. They put someone under and worked with them, then brought them out completely and I went and did it as if they had never been under in the first place. That really gave me the confidence to go off and do it myself. So if that's a possibility, go for that. But if not, then just find someone who's willing to be your subject and do it! Even if all you can do is cause a trance, it's a learning experience and you develop from there.

Dec 29, 2011
But if not, then just find someone who's willing to be your subject and do it!

I'm still learning myself, I've only done it a few times; but I'd like to emphasise this point. In the little experience I have, I've already noticed a very strong correlation between the enthusiasm of the subject, and the 'effectiveness' of the hypnosis. There are people who are willing, and then again there are people who are actually enthused, this comes down a little bit to how you talk about it to them too. Some people are just a little curious, and I've found it isn't quite as effective as it could be with them compared to certain other subjects.
You may be talking about it with someone or a group, if one person actually brings it up and asks you to hypnotise them, (Be sure it isn't a challenge) that is the person you should use to begin with.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm still learning myself, I've only done it a few times; but I'd like to emphasise this point. In the little experience I have, I've already noticed a very strong correlation between the enthusiasm of the subject, and the 'effectiveness' of the hypnosis. There are people who are willing, and then again there are people who are actually enthused, this comes down a little bit to how you talk about it to them too. Some people are just a little curious, and I've found it isn't quite as effective as it could be with them compared to certain other subjects.
You may be talking about it with someone or a group, if one person actually brings it up and asks you to hypnotise them, (Be sure it isn't a challenge) that is the person you should use to begin with.

Any excited emotional state helps hypnosis. Enthusiasm is good for a beginner but it can also be detrimental if the subject tries to help you along. The absolute key is to make sure they are focusing on you and following your directions so you can guide them to hypnosis (all hypnosis is self-hypnosis after all).

The thing that did the most for me, I think, is that my roommate at the time was an incredible subject. Because pretty much everything I attempted with him worked and worked well, I relaxed in regards to trying it with other people. He also helped me worked on my pacing and tone and such.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results