I'm Home From My Trip

Well I made a board a while ago about me being inactive due to a school trip and well I'm back now with tales to tell. I brought my cards with me and some business cards to perform stigmata.

I performed a majority of my tricks on the ferry rides there and back. So I had about a good 3 hours of performing. A lot of the stuff my friends already knew because *SOMEONE ANNOYING PERSON GOES ON THE INTERNET AND LEARNS EVERYTHING I PERFORM* so I did my best to distract them and do passes and moves and sleights. They were all really amazed with some of my tricks I performed on the spot. Especially Synergy no one caught it I was so happy. But what really got them as Gaff Tricks. I did the broken Aces Gaff Trick and they just all went crazy basically. They asked me the whole trip to do it again and I never did and they still don't know since they never saw me put it on or take it out of my deck. I also did the trick where the 10 of Diamonds Pips all drop to the bottom and Pip Matrix. Some people just sat there and didn't talk it was unreal. And apparently all 150 people in the program caught word of my "magic" so they all would ask me to perform something even teachers. Lets say I met lots of new and very good looking people :p. Something no one figured out was Stigmata. My most SKEPTICAL and I mean skeptical friend just freaked. He was literally like "No f*****g way, dude you just guessed....and your arm....f**k no man. Go home Satan." That's pretty close to his actual quote. So I'm assuming lots of people will be asking me at school so I'm going to keep cards on me at all times from now on. But the best part of the trip was the effect me and my friend came up with completely by accident playing around while I was doing shapeshifter. Here is what it's like:

Effect:
The magician pulls out his blue (or red deck) and opens the deck revealing 54 (w/jokers) blue cards. Then member of the audience is then instructed to pick a card. Lets say 4 of hearts for this sake. The card (without the magician knowing) is placed ontop of the deck face down, and as quickly as it was put down the card's back changes to red (Using a changing effect I use Shapeshifter). The magician then hands out the card for inspection and to make sure their card (4 of hearts really did turn red). It is then placed face-up back on top and is flipped over and explained that in that little turn the card changed again. It is rubbed (face-up) with the back of the seemingly red card on the back of the first blue card and after a little while of rubbing changes back to a blue card, which is still the 4 of hearts.

The effect still needs to be perfected by me since I just made it up on the ferry ride home once I finally got some piece and quiet. Any name suggestions would be great. And It's awesome to be back on T11 :).

-RA69

Here's some advice.

If you want to keep your "VIP Status", so-to-speak, then don't perform often. Actually, don't perform at all for the entire week or 2 at school. People will start driving you nuts to do some magic, but don't buy into it. Just wait a while, then do something simple. I promise, a simple color change will seem like a miracle to them at this point.

But seriously, congrats on many good performances. Hopefully there will still be many more to come.

Best.
Steve

Yeah!!

Sounded like a killer performance, great job on that. By the way, take Steve's advice, he knows what he's talking about. Don't give in to the begging for more. Wait awhile, and the next time you perform, your audience will hold on to every word.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results