Important 1-on-1 Problem

Oct 6, 2007
Well, the 1-on-1's are for magicians with all types of skills right?

So, why isn't there a skill rating/difficulty rating for each 1-on-1?

Just a few stars would make it much, much easier for people to decide what is right for them and what may be too difficult.

Think about it..

Yeah that would be a bit helpful, but currently they have tended to warn us of higher difficulty in 1 on 1s.

In Hellbound Spellbound it says for intermediate or advanced coin magicians, so as cool as that trick was I won't buy it cause I probably won't be able to do it.

As far as I've seen, if there's no warning it's relatively easy, even me learning the Werm (I have had no flourishing expierience at the time) was pretty easy.

It'd be helpful but right now it's not really needed.

~PaCo

Oct 6, 2007
It is.

Ok, let's say there was a beginner looking for cool 1-on-1's. So he watches the Strike Change, and is like "OM" *clicksbuy*. Yes, there is a warning saying it's a hard color change, but what if he misses it or ignores it (because he doessn't read the text or doesn't pay attention to what the video is saying).

He buys the trick and gets angry because he cannot to do. Then posts a forum message about how his hands are too small, etc. gets flamed at and then never comes here again.

That was just an example, but it's very possible,

A RATING would ensure, or at least make the likelyhood of that happenning lower.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
You say they didn't read the description... who says they're going to read the rating? If they don't take the time to study the product and it's description before buying it, that's their problem, and they shouldn't complain about it. I bought ReBel and Akira, and they're WAY too hard for me at this stage in my flourishing career, but you don't hear my complaining? It was my fault for buying them before I was was ready. But, I'm glad I have them now, so once I do get to that level, I can have them to practice.

Oct 6, 2007
You say they didn't read the description... who says they're going to read the rating? If they don't take the time to study the product and it's description before buying it, that's their problem, and they shouldn't complain about it. I bought ReBel and Akira, and they're WAY too hard for me at this stage in my flourishing career, but you don't hear my complaining? It was my fault for buying them before I was was ready. But, I'm glad I have them now, so once I do get to that level, I can have them to practice.

Yellow colored stars/any image is easier to recognize compared to small text.

Sep 1, 2007
Darosa - they are ALL rated/geared towards the demographics of beginners (or n00bs, if you will)

Any advanced magician would already know the sleights and not want to waste their 5 bucks for something such as learning a crimp.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
This is just my suggestion, but wouldn't a scale from 1 (Being the easiest) to 10 (The hardest) be the most effecient way of judging the difficulty of a trick?

TDA

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
This is just my suggestion, but wouldn't a scale from 1 (Being the easiest) to 10 (The hardest) be the most effecient way of judging the difficulty of a trick?

TDA

Not necessarily. That rating would vary from person to person, depending on their skill level. If Steve Forte is judging a card effect that's being sold as a 1on1, he's going to rate it very easy. But if a complete noob rated it, it would probably be on the harder side. So as long as they said something like, "Here's a rating of difficulty, from the eyes of an intermediate magician."

Oct 6, 2007
Well, it's more or less the t11 cw to decide how to judge the difficulty.

But there are a range iof harder to easy 1-on-1s, so I thought it would be helpful for beginners as well as 'intermediates' to get a feel of how difficult a trick is.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results