Impossible Card Magic by Ray Kosby?

I believe Ray Kosby stopped performing professionally, but he's still actively involved in the community. He can be seen at the Genii Magazine forums pretty regularly, and if you want to catch a live session with him, he usually attends the lectures at Denny&Lee's Magic Studio in Baltimore.

Raise Rise used to be one of my favorite effects to perform, but it just never got the response I thought it deserved. People wereconsistently impressed by it, but I found that it only really slayed other magiciansat conventions and gatherings. Laypeople can't really tell the difference and amount of skill needed to pull the effect off. It's a fantastically visual, impromptu card effect-- one of Ray's signature pieces. But... as far as practicality in the real world goes, I think workers will find more benefits from easier alternatives like Fallen, Shifty, or even the gimmicked Riot.

With that said, Ray teaches the Ambitious Riser move flawlessly. Every minute detail and subtlety is covered. He's not the most charismatic performer as I'm sure you'll notice, but he's a very meticulous teacher. If you're a move monkey and just want a personal challenge to learn, I highly recommend the DVD. Deep Thought is an amazing card mentalism effect that I've gotten miles out of to this day. It's taught in the Art of Astonishment series, but Ray teaches it on the video as well... and it's very, very good if you can master the move.

RS.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
hey guys i got it in the mail yesterday and i just gotta say the move for these tricks is crazy hard! the only one i can do well is jack in the box and it is the easiest trick on the dvd!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results