Impromptu Dream of Aces?

Impromptu Dream of Ace's?

• Total voters
Nov 1, 2007
What's the point of this thread? Of course it'd be nice. I think it'd also be nice if there was an impromptu 40 ft. levitation, but I won't make a thread asking people if they feel the same way.

Dec 13, 2007
well... this thread has inspired me to create an impromptu dream of aces... of course it needs perfecting and its definitely not as clean as the regular one, but i tried.

Sep 1, 2007
Littleton
Hey everyone. Just an update. I have made two methods. The first is easier to do, but you cant show the aces before you put them into the group of cards. The second allows you to show the aces before vanishing them, but is a little risky. I will have two performances by the end of the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
This is unbelieveably stupid.

There are millions of ace assemblies out there. Pick up Expert Card Technique or RRTCM and you will find many ace assemblies that maybe aren't as visual and E-hype as dream of aces, but are impromptu and that actually use sleights. Think about it, dream of aces and Charlie Miller's Ace Assembly have the exact same effect. Your spectators shouldn't be bored because you aren't doing visual Ellusionist magic.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
This is unbelieveably stupid.

There are millions of ace assemblies out there. Pick up Expert Card Technique or RRTCM and you will find many ace assemblies that maybe aren't as visual and E-hype as dream of aces, but are impromptu and that actually use sleights. Think about it, dream of aces and Charlie Miller's Ace Assembly have the exact same effect. Your spectators shouldn't be bored because you aren't doing visual Ellusionist magic.

And if you did ANY research into the effect before yelling at anyone, you'd realize that Dream of Aces is NOT made by Ellusionist.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Littleton
the vid is almost up. just search Tu' Dreams on YouTube. under the account gomeriffic. the first one u see is version 2, then version 1. i think version 2 could use some work, so pm me with ideas for it.

Sep 1, 2007
I didn't mean that it was made by Ellusionist, I meant that there's no point in making it ridiculously over-visual when just an ordinary ace assembly would have the exact same impact.

Aug 31, 2007
I didn't mean that it was made by Ellusionist, I meant that there's no point in making it ridiculously over-visual when just an ordinary ace assembly would have the exact same impact.

That's the lamest thing I've heard all year. Visual is better than non visual anyday... and by your same logic any boring old ace assembly is on par with Copperfield's Grandpa's Aces effect, which is even more visual and considerably more incredible than Dream of Aces. Go get a better mentality about magic... visual is better. If you don't think so, just turn the lights out next time you perform and do it in the dark.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
That's the lamest thing I've heard all year. Visual is better than non visual anyday... and by your same logic any boring old ace assembly is on par with Copperfield's Grandpa's Aces effect, which is even more visual and considerably more incredible than Dream of Aces. Go get a better mentality about magic... visual is better. If you don't think so, just turn the lights out next time you perform and do it in the dark.

Man no offence, but I hope you never turn a card face down. That's not visual... :rolleyes:

I get what you're saying - I love visual magic - but I don't agree that visual is better all the time and I certainly don't think you should force your opinion on someone that thinks any different.

Non-visual magic can be just as powerful, it just takes more work to build up the effect etc.

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results