In Practicing??

Aug 9, 2010
in practicing flourish should i stick to one flourish or alternate???the flourish that i'm trying to master is pandora,preqel, and J5
how do you think should i distribute the time that i have...i only have 3 hours of practice....should i give each flourish 1 hour??? or should i practice one flourish until i master it...then move on to another???....please help

atinfinity

Elite Member
Dec 5, 2010
They all take way more than an hour to master. I've been working on Pandora for a few months now, and its no where as smooth as Dan and Dave do it.

If you really want to learn it, you would have to give it a lot more time and effort into it.

in practicing flourish should i stick to one flourish or alternate???the flourish that i'm trying to master is pandora,preqel, and J5
how do you think should i distribute the time that i have...i only have 3 hours of practice....should i give each flourish 1 hour??? or should i practice one flourish until i master it...then move on to another???....please help

Hello renzpaolo9!

Your question is actually very good. All my practicing drills are designed to allow a certain flourish or move to settle for a period of time. At the end of each week I schedule moves I want to learn over the next week in such a way that I have one or two days between the same practice sessions. Letting a move settle in is THE best way for me to acquire skills - try it for yourself. :)

I found that this reduces the chance of biassing a move.

As a note, J5 is a lengthy routine so it would be nice to try and practice three phases one day and three the other. At the end of each session, after you are happy with the individual cuts, try to chain them together.

Have an awesome day!

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I have seen people on here say that they never spend more than a month on a flourish. Either they are insane prodigies (or I just suck) or they have no smoothness. It takes me a month to get the basics down. I work on flourishes for about 4 months before I am even a little satisfied on them.

I focus on around 4 flourishes at once. Right now they are Madonna 3, Mockingbird, Pandora, Squeeze, and M4. So working a bit over time right now! However, I don't have a routine like Steve's. I just practice whatever out of those that I feel like. I have found that routines don't work for me.

Maybe it will for you though. I do suggest that you focus on a few at a time though.

Try it out!

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I would suggest you learning the mechanics of Preqel (which has pretty simple mechanics) and Pandora and then practice them simultaneously until you're satisfied. J5 should be learned separately because of it's complexity.

Aug 9, 2010
So do you mean...i should practice one flourish a day and the next day another different flourish??? or until i'm satisfied with my motions and then i'll move on?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results