iNeck

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
Looks cool!

How angel friendly is this?
How practical is this?
Can you do this with borrowed headphones?
Does it involve a gimmick?

I know these are many questions, but I hope you can answer them though ;)

- Konrad

Jul 29, 2012
UK
Hi KonTw! This trick looks best from a 160 degree angle directly in front of you. People can watch from behind but it doesn't look as good. Where it is most vunrable is your immediate right and left but with enough practice it should be fine.

I perform this on a regular basis and although it uses a gimmick I have developed a very sneaky headphone switch which allows you to do it with "borrowed" headphones. Everyone has apple headphone nowadays so it shouldn't be a problem

Oct 23, 2011
people probably dislike your video because they think it's a camera trick (edited) , well is it ? hahaha

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Camera trick or no, the video is very jumpy and low quality. You could pull off a lot that could not be done in person with those conditions.

I like it on principle, but until I see a cleaner video I'm skeptical.

Bryson G.

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Camera trick or no, the video is very jumpy and low quality. You could pull off a lot that could not be done in person with those conditions.
I never thought of that before but low quality does make magic effects look a lot cleaner. I would appreciate a live performance filmed in better quality.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
It does very much look like editing.. whether it was on accident or not there is a visible shift of your entire frame the moment it pulls through. Please do a live performance.

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
Looks close to the method of a trick that the name has escaped me. The effect I am thinking about uses a rope through solid object like a pole or street sign?

J

Bryson G.

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Looks close to the method of a trick that the name has escaped me. The effect I am thinking about uses a rope through solid object like a pole or street sign?

Could you possibly be thinking of what Jimmy Fingers does in his Penguin Live Lecture, his silk through microphone stand? Now that you mention it, it does look similar.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results