Instead of Erdnase

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
I know this conversation has been delt with before so sorry but I am really triying to research new stuff.. so this is my question what other things can I research and practice that are not erdnase because I believe erdnase moves are no so much for the practitioner of magic but for the gambler... what are other moves that are just better for a magician instead of the classic pass or swe shift ... what other moves are there out there that are real simple compared to erdnase stuff.

Sep 1, 2007
Actually, even though the material is intended for gambling, Erdnase is perfect for fundamentals. However, if you're looking for good comprehensive card instruction, check out Card College.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Card College is a great series. If you want just one book however you can get Royal Road to Card Magic. Card College is has more material because it is a five volume series but if you want to just get your feet wet so to speak Royal Road would be a less expensive way to do it.

Later down the road check out Dai Vernon's Inner Card Trilogy.

If you want, PM me about some PDF's
Cheers!

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
no I have the fundamentals of cardamagic I been practicing it for like 2 to 3 years I have good passes but I was looking for individual move like the cherry control .. but what others are there?

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Card College, Amateur Magician's Handbook, Erdenase, Encyclopedia of Card Tricks, Erdenase, The Complete Illustrated book of Card Magic, Erdenase.

YOU may believe Erdenase is meant mostly for Gamblers, and it was sold as such, but about half of the book is all very specific to MAGIC, and the other half can all be applied to magic.

Also, most of the shift work in that book, I would say, is used more in practice, by magicians than Gamblers.

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
yeah your right but you also have to admit that the passes in that book take ages to perfect when theres other stuff like the bluff pass which is much simpler and does almost the exact same thing.... and thats were I am getting at I am looking for the simplest of effect.

Dec 26, 2007
i cannot reccomend the apocalypse magazines enough. Whilst they may not be perfectly suited to a beginner, they teach finesse and some excellent cards, coins and more tricks

Get your hands on Hugard and Braue. A lot of their work was the result of thorough conversations written over an extensive amount of time. I'm not even sure if they ever formally met one another, but I do know they kept in touch by writing letters to one another talking shop. It was like a several-year card session all written on paper. You can imagine the amount of effort and knowledge that was put into their published works. I think that's why Royal Road to Card Magicand Expert Card Technique have withstood the tests of time.

I also recommend the Card College series. It's like an encyclopedia that you can always refer to for card mechanics. I always resort to it when another effect calls for another sleight but doesn't describe it very well. It is simply written, easy to understand, and has numerous illustrations that make learning clearer.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results