Invisible deck

Jun 28, 2013
I really do apologize for posting so much, but I am buying a lot of things lately. Anyways I'll keep this short, does the invisible deck DVD come with the cards itself or just the DVD?
Thanks ( if it does what colour is it)

Dec 29, 2011
Id highly recommend just looking up how to make one, much cheaper and easier, and you can do it to any deck. I'd also recommend just looking up the basic plot used for a lot of invisible deck routines, which is quite simple. If you're going to buy any material relating to the use of an invisible deck, get invisible by Daniel Madison

Jun 28, 2013
No thank you, and I really dont like Daniel Madison or any of ellusionist stuff. Even when Daniel was with Theory 11 I never bought a single product from him.

Oct 1, 2013
Hey YasmeenH my name is Tejas Deshpande and if you agree I would like to trade non-card magic with you.
I will send you an orignal video first but I want an assurance that you wont scam me.

Jun 28, 2013
I am reporting you, i dont do trading. Do you not understand, magicians spend there lives making these effects you cant just trade it like its nothing. I hope you get banned

Oct 29, 2013
May I be honest with you? I don't really understand how is it possible to not like Daniel Madison. Daniel is probably the most creative mind in magic nowadays. His stuff is the best. I also like many of the ellusionist products, even if I never buy there. My first purchase was in theory11 actually. But the truth is, that for example the Gamblers Cop of Daniel Madison is MUCH BETTER than the gamblers cop that is available here. Just giving an example.
But obviously everyone has their own tastes.

Oct 29, 2013
Hey man, I'm trying to contact you by PM, but I don't have the PM enable. I contacted the support and they are trying to help me cause in my account settings there's nothing I can do to enable the PM's. I would really like to ask you a few questions.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I really do apologize for posting so much, but I am buying a lot of things lately. Anyways I'll keep this short, does the invisible deck DVD come with the cards itself or just the DVD?
Thanks ( if it does what colour is it)

This whole post is bizarre from top to bottom. On the note of DM, he takes his personality too far, most people agree with that. However thankfully vanity has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of ones physical work, and his ideas truly are some of the best you can find today. Blowing him, or E, or anyone off because you think your above them is just hurting yourself. Get over it, and objectively decide if the work is good or not. Why make it personal?... Seriously.

On the invisible deck, there is absolutely no reason to spend your money on a DVD. I would do exactly what Wyatt suggested and make my own. The invisible deck is considered public knowledge in the realm of magicians, their is no one who is being discredited by you looking it up. If your concern is quality, I'd recommend getting one of the E invisible decks, as they are both high quality and cheap. But really, your much better off just making your own. Especially if you can get over yourself, purchase some of DM's early work, and be able to then build some of the most mind boggling gimmick decks ever envisioned.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I highly recommend you buy an invisible deck, learn how to use it and then later on down the road start making your own using Testor's dull cote. It is probably one of the most mind blowing effects for a layman and is also a great "out" for messing up a card effect.

Oct 29, 2013
Whats your question?

Can you explain me how can I make my own invisible deck? Buying a Daryl's deck is not really an option for me right now, but I have standard bicycle decks so I can use one for that effect.

Sorry for asking here, but I cannot send private messages. I don't know where to enable private messages, but I checked in my account and theres no options or settings to do that..

Don't get me wrong, I know that I must put the cards in a way that [edited for exposure]. My real question is, how can I produce a invisible deck with a standard bicycle deck, I mean, how can I spread the cards when I'm showing that only one is face down? Do I need a special fluid to make the cards stick to each other?
Thanks for the attention

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Guys? Mod's? I take it this is okay to explain? Well as rick mentioned, what you are looking for is roughing fluid. It comes in all shapes and sizes, and I'm sure Rick's suggestion is an excellent one. You then just need to apply a thin coating to the back of every card.

Oct 29, 2013
Guys? Mod's? I take it this is okay to explain? Well as rick mentioned, what you are looking for is roughing fluid. It comes in all shapes and sizes, and I'm sure Rick's suggestion is an excellent one. You then just need to apply a thin coating to the back of every card.

I was looking for something practical. Do you think that this would work? [Link Removed for Exposure]

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 30, 2012
Basically without exposing anything( seems a little late for that) you apply a thin layer of roughing fluid to the backs of the cards and arrange them in a "magical" way so that the trick will work. as for it being practical...I have seen so many people do this trick both in video and in person so yes it is quick easy and practical. the more you put into the presentation the more you will get out in terms of reaction.

Dec 29, 2011
I don't think we're really concerned about exposure here. You get like a matte spray from a craft store, I think it has some art application, not really sure what its actually meant for, it can easily be looked up if you're worrying about a specific kind. As has been mentioned a thin layer is sprayed onto the backs of the cards so they stick together back to back, then you can stack them in certain ways so you know which card is where and so on.

There is a 'classic' way of doing which I think most people use, I believe there was something released in the early days of the wire that was a replacement for that traditional method that had really good reviews, much less memorisation and all that. Or, again, you could get something thats worth it, like invisible from DM, which should be buried somewhere in his early lecture notes, I mean it, its really really good. I have no idea why it wasn't used instead of the classic way. Theoretically you can do the classic routine, but have the spec spread through and find the one inverted card instead of you, but there are many other, similar routines described too. There is a very well known mentalist/mental magic/magician who turned the same concept into an incredibly mind blowing routine which has a little bit of fame on youtube, though his handling is quite advanced and not particularly practical, its still incredbile.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Jay Sankey used to do a bit that I started doing about 5 years ago where he actually took a black thick marker and had put big black X's on all of the cards on one side and left the reverse side cards alone. Depending on which card the spectator selected, there was some patter about taking out an imaginary marker and having the spectator draw a black X on their selection (or all of the other cards except theirs) and then when the reveal came it was killer. I would always tell them to recap the marker, pick up the dropped cards, blah blah blah...the whole bit which is very humorous.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Jay Sankey used to do a bit that I started doing about 5 years ago where he actually took a black thick marker and had put big black X's on all of the cards on one side and left the reverse side cards alone. Depending on which card the spectator selected, there was some patter about taking out an imaginary marker and having the spectator draw a black X on their selection (or all of the other cards except theirs) and then when the reveal came it was killer. I would always tell them to recap the marker, pick up the dropped cards, blah blah blah...the whole bit which is very humorous.

DM has some very similar concepts in his early work.

Oct 29, 2013
I don't think we're really concerned about exposure here. You get like a matte spray from a craft store, I think it has some art application, not really sure what its actually meant for, it can easily be looked up if you're worrying about a specific kind. As has been mentioned a thin layer is sprayed onto the backs of the cards so they stick together back to back, then you can stack them in certain ways so you know which card is where and so on.

There is a 'classic' way of doing which I think most people use, I believe there was something released in the early days of the wire that was a replacement for that traditional method that had really good reviews, much less memorisation and all that. Or, again, you could get something thats worth it, like invisible from DM, which should be buried somewhere in his early lecture notes, I mean it, its really really good. I have no idea why it wasn't used instead of the classic way. Theoretically you can do the classic routine, but have the spec spread through and find the one inverted card instead of you, but there are many other, similar routines described too. There is a very well known mentalist/mental magic/magician who turned the same concept into an incredibly mind blowing routine which has a little bit of fame on youtube, though his handling is quite advanced and not particularly practical, its still incredbile.

I will do just that. Can you also share a link to see the effect "invisible" by DM? I seached on google and youtube, and all I get is an effect by DM called invisible punch where basically he can deal a royal flush from a shuffled deck. I think he is using the gambler's cop to do that, and if you like the gamblers cop, you definitly want to learn it from daniel madison, cause the guy is the real man! Can you share a link to invisible please? thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results