Invisible loop ideas?

Jun 13, 2013
hey, so i've just added loops to my arsenal and i'm looking for some advice. The only effects I do with them are haunted deck and mystery glasses (or whatever it's called); however, it seems like i'm not using the loops to there full potential. I've thought about buying the loop dvds by Daniel Garcia and all of them, but I'm not sure yet. What do yall think?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I only own Daniel Garcia's DVD and it has some great material on it - I've seen Kranzo lecture and if his loops work is anything like the material he showed a few years ago it's gold, he's a very underrated creator in magic. Justin Miller probably has some great tips as well - but I actually have not owned any of his material (and I'm just now realizing this as I type) he has had some ups and down as far as the community is concerned - but he always seemed to have a different take on magic so his thinking is probably really good as well.

Also - and I think Danny G says it on the dvd - Animation is greater than Levitation 95% of the time. You don't need to make things float, it's almost less of a trick to have it fly around MOST of the time. Making something move however...can be very powerful to a spectator.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
The issue with thread work is that there aren't as many IT or IET DVD's and books out there as much as there are general magic DVD's and books, what I generally tend to do is to look at methods used and taught by other magicians, namely Daniel Garcia, Steve Fearson, Nathan Kranzo, Justin Miller, Shin Lim, Michael Ammar etc. these guys have put out fantastic material regarding thread work, and then develop their methods further and create my own "tricks" with them. hope I've helped a little! :)

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
I know this is an old question. But I decided I would try to help you out anyway.
My thing with loops is that the point of having them is to be creative with them and come up with your own ideas, that is when you really get some good reactions. Making things that have never been seen before are the real stars of magic.

Though I am definitely NOT saying to stop learning other peoples material (you can get some great ideas from learning other peoples material). But what I am saying is, why not show your style of magic through this great utility device :)

And yes if you want some great material I would advise you to get DG's dvd, that is where I started to realize the potential of IL. And managed to come up with some pretty spectacular stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results