Jan 31, 2018
I'm a huge fan of the top shot, and will always do it at least once a day, usually in front of the mirror. Several times, when looking at the mirror, I don't even see the card jumping to my hand. This is really incredible, since it opens many possibilities. It could be the best palm reveal ever. But the problem is, once I notice that I'm not noticing anything, I try to reciprocate that, but I fail. Has this ever happened to one of you? Is there any method we can use to ensure that the card will not be seen as it shoot out into your other hand? I am not inclined to believe that it's just because of the speed.
(I saw this in Lennart Green's FISM performance, but I'm not sure if this is what he's doing, but does he use the top-shot as a colour change as well? In any case, I'm quite I can't be the only one who thought of using the top shot this way.)

Reactions: KaviruG
Feb 26, 2018
incline village
thats awesome dude i finally learned the top shot this year after 2 years of practice. the card will always be seen but the only way to cover the top shot is misdirection or just shoot video at 24 fps.

Reactions: C J
Aug 6, 2017
The only way I can think of making it look like it invisibly traveled to your other hand is misdirection. You need to get the spectator to look up as you do it and then you can reveal it.

Reactions: KaviruG

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm a huge fan of the top shot, and will always do it at least once a day, usually in front of the mirror. Several times, when looking at the mirror, I don't even see the card jumping to my hand. This is really incredible, since it opens many possibilities. It could be the best palm reveal ever. But the problem is, once I notice that I'm not noticing anything, I try to reciprocate that, but I fail. Has this ever happened to one of you? Is there any method we can use to ensure that the card will not be seen as it shoot out into your other hand? I am not inclined to believe that it's just because of the speed.
(I saw this in Lennart Green's FISM performance, but I'm not sure if this is what he's doing, but does he use the top-shot as a colour change as well? In any case, I'm quite I can't be the only one who thought of using the top shot this way.)

Yes, he uses the top shot as a color change and teaches it in a few places. I've seen it used as a sandwich load and Simon Black uses a top shot like move to make a card appear in the participants hand.

Reactions: Karo-K54
Jan 31, 2018
Simon Black uses a top shot like move to make a card appear in the participants hand.
Does he teach it anywhere? Could you give a link? I find it really hard to believe that one could use it that way! I will definitely want to learn that.
Thanks.

Sep 10, 2017
The best way to do it is by practice. It is pretty difficult but not completely impossible. The best place to learn the fine points to improve your top shot is either Lennart Green's own material or the tribute that takumi takahashi made for it. (A study on lennart green produced by shin lim)
Still, even if you watch all of them, the only thing that gets your top shot invisible is practice. And also, even in that case you need a bit of misdirection.

Reactions: Karo-K54
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results