Joe Paschall | Ace Cut

joelpaschall

theory11 artist
May 6, 2008
Well, I want to know what Joel Paschall thinks of all this contradictory.
Anyways, this was insanely unoriginal, once again. I'd take a simple ace pro over this pile of *garbage*any day.
Anybody who argues that this is a good product and it is 'ONLY' 5 bucks is obviously a n00b or a t11 fanboi. Seriously, if you have no knowledge on the matter, don't bother posting because in the eyes of people with a bit of experience, strait up saying 'this is worth 5 bucks, your wrong' is a meaningless opinion.
No offence, it's like me giving Derren Brown mentalism tips.

22ND EDIT!!!! by sean: please, don't be like the ellusionist forums.. dam modsd here- if your gonna edit my post state exactly where you edited it. it's called freedom of speech and if you don't like my opinion at least state the exact point of the post where your taking away my rights. and don't edit this part kuz that would be totally contradictory.

On another thread, regarding static, that other terrible 1on1 which was released by JP, some one said 'If this exact cut has been published before, then I'll call it unoriginal,' which made me chuckle a little and at the same time be somewhat horrified by the fact that he's been doing this so long and still has such a tiny knowledge of stuff like this.
If you don't know what your saying, and haven't been doing this for that long, please don't bother arguing that this is worth any money at all, because for anybody who knows their stuff knows it isn't, in any way.

Plus, why'd ampersan5340's comment get deleted? I thought he had the best point so far this thread.

Hey guys just got in and wanted to say hello, just got done at Cal magic and it was a fantastic night! Great magic awesome crowd it was really sweet. As far as all the posts are concerned I think there all awesome you guys are talkin', this is a good thing. Some good with a positive direction some just plain angry rants, I believe both are good.

Bikey if you wonder why you are being edited I can only say maybe it's your approach? (just a guess) We at T-11 here believe in respect,, we respect people that respect magic and love the views that every one shares. Disagreements are great, imagine the forums without them? (boring) Now being rude is a different subject all together, no one likes an ******* (write that down) and if we create an environment where we let things like that fly, is that some where you really wanna call home? ( oh yeah decknique rules, sorry forgot). That is just not the environment we wish to create, I hear what you are trying to say (sometimes) you could just really articulate it a lot better. if you put half the passion you have towards being creative as you do your posts, man you could really go places.

As far as the the value of a 1-on-1 i will say this. It's a HD video shot with multiple camera angles and lighting, expert editing (Wayne and Dana rule!) It's taught clearly from some one qualified to teach. Yes. They are worth every penny. You just can't get the quality on a free tutorial (youtube etc.) and even if you could (maybe decknique I'll have to check), if someone put that much work into something only to give it away, well this to me is just crazy.

Now as far as your opinion (this pile of garbage!). You don't like any of my 1 on 1's. okay thats fine. That i get just say that and leave it at that (articulating) That's your opinion and it's one you are intitled to. I asked you for creative feed back and you didn't really offer any (in the PM I sent you) You have passion brother use it. You speak as most do on these posts as one who cannot truley say any thing on the subject because you haven't purchased any you simply don't know. I have received a lot of very positve feed back from a lot of the people that have purchased ( Thank You All) They have a right to speak they have sat on both sides of the fence.

The 1-on-1's were not put out to just make a buck. I wanted to share with the magic community the things I use in my every day work. Also things that i plan to really show the full potential, applications and uses for in the future. Fan control, a much overlooked control ( I did not invent nor ever claimed to and fully explained that fact on the video, I just tweaked it a little) allows confidense, establishes trust from a spectator ( this is important) Static an old cut, not my best ( as far as looks) but it's one I use and has practical uses in my every day card work ( contoling muliple selections, shifting specific # of cards at will etc.) It's easy and just feels nice. Tripple shuffle old,old ,really old ,not stolen, old, way before encylopedia ever came out, OLD! It's flashy fun, also something I Use and people really seem to like, again something i use and has many other applications in my work. This brings us to the ace cutting sequence ( did i miss any?) It is a sequence I use all the time. The sequence is good and will get people's attention ( I did it tonight) The reason i taught it is the very same reason I created it. I was looking for a routine that would allow me to entertain and practice the ace cutting met both these requirements ( now you know the history). If you know what you are looking at you will understand that it is a utility move ( I use it so much in my work it's not even funny). If it is a "Basic move in the public domain", then that really sucks cause thats a whole slew of years I'm never getting back!:D Once the skill is aquired it is something you can count on and has many other applications.

So if you simply don't like it than that's ok , my style is not for everbody and this also is good because the walk is about your style. It's about you and the Art. Striving to push forward, bringing the piece that you have to offer to the table for the next generation. This is something i am working towards, the 1 on 1's were simply part of my foundation and i will bring my piece to the table.

Got to go yall. Goodnight.

My blessings
JP

Hey guys just got in and wanted to say hello, just got done at Cal magic and it was a fantastic night! Great magic awesome crowd it was really sweet. As far as all the posts are concerned I think there all awesome you guys are talkin', this is a good thing. Some good with a positive direction some just plain angry rants, I believe both are good.
Bikey if you wonder why you are being edited I can only say maybe it's your approach? (just a guess) We at T-11 here believe in respect,, we respect people that respect magic and love the views that every one shares. Disagreements are great, imagine the forums without them? (boring) Now being rude is a different subject all together, no one likes an ******* (write that down) and if we create an environment where we let things like that fly, is that some where you really wanna call home? ( oh yeah decknique rules, sorry forgot). That is just not the environment we wish to create, I hear what you are trying to say (sometimes) you could just really articulate it a lot better. if you put half the passion you have towards being creative as you do your posts, man you could really go places.
As far as the the value of a 1-on-1 i will say this. It's a HD video shot with multiple camera angles and lighting, expert editing (Wayne and Dana rule!) It's taught clearly from some one qualified to teach. Yes. They are worth every penny. You just can't get the quality on a free tutorial (youtube etc.) and even if you could (maybe decknique I'll have to check), if someone put that much work into something only to give it away, well this to me is just crazy.
Now as far as your opinion (this pile of garbage!). You don't like any of my 1 on 1's. okay thats fine. That i get just say that and leave it at that (articulating) That's your opinion and it's one you are intitled to. I asked you for creative feed back and you didn't really offer any (in the PM I sent you) You have passion brother use it. You speak as most do on these posts as one who cannot truley say any thing on the subject because you haven't purchased any you simply don't know. I have received a lot of very positve feed back from a lot of the people that have purchased ( Thank You All) They have a right to speak they have sat on both sides of the fence.
The 1-on-1's were not put out to just make a buck. I wanted to share with the magic community the things I use in my every day work. Also things that i plan to really show the full potential, applications and uses for in the future. Fan control, a much overlooked control ( I did not invent nor ever claimed to and fully explained that fact on the video, I just tweaked it a little) allows confidense, establishes trust from a spectator ( this is important) Static an old cut, not my best ( as far as looks) but it's one I use and has practical uses in my every day card work ( contoling muliple selections, shifting specific # of cards at will etc.) It's easy and just feels nice. Tripple shuffle old,old ,really old ,not stolen, old, way before encylopedia ever came out, OLD! It's flashy fun, also something I Use and people really seem to like, again something i use and has many other applications in my work. This brings us to the ace cutting sequence ( did i miss any?) It is a sequence I use all the time. The sequence is good and will get people's attention ( I did it tonight) The reason i taught it is the very same reason I created it. I was looking for a routine that would allow me to entertain and practice the ace cutting met both these requirements ( now you know the history). If you know what you are looking at you will understand that it is a utility move ( I use it so much in my work it's not even funny). If it is a "Basic move in the public domain", then that really sucks cause thats a whole slew of years I'm never getting back!:D Once the skill is aquired it is something you can count on and has many other applications. So if you simply don't like it than that's ok , my style is not for everbody and this also is good because the walk is about your style. It's about you and the Art. Striving to push forward, bringing the piece that you have to offer to the table for the next generation. This is something i am working towards, the 1 on 1's were simply part of my foundation and i will bring my piece to the table.
Got to go yall. Goodnight.
My blessings
JP
Mmmm

JDEN

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
hum, yes

yes, Joel, i guess you have a good point there.
i have bought static and i can't stop practicing it, (even though cards fly away everywhere) and i guess youre right about how different 1 on 1's fit different peoples styles. It is true i think the more recent 1 on1 's did not get as much thought put into them than some of the older ones, but i guess its not really up to me to decide what different artists publish next. Ill just have to wait until another one gets released and ill see if i like it.

Apr 28, 2008
All i can say is 'owned'

How has anyone been 'owned'? Joel has replied with his opinion which I appreciate however simply because he has replied does not mean everyone elses opinion is now irrelevant and wrong.

If you aren't going to add anything constructive to the discussion then don't bother posting.

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
pointless

personally i dont like any of joels material, non of his 1 on 1, only the triple shuffle is flashy but doesnt teach any thing .... usefull... :p

believe, it was announced and published in less than a week, i personally dont like it its too simple and nothing special really, i dont mean to attack joel i respect him as an artist and performer, but he should publish more creative stuff and the 1 on 1 are really.... nothing special they are kinda crappy now a days... please improve them it is really ruining t11 reputation ...

Last edited by a moderator:

joelpaschall

theory11 artist
May 6, 2008
personally i dont like any of joels material, non of his 1 on 1, only the triple shuffle is flashy but doesnt teach any thing .... usefull... :p

believe, it was announced and published in less than a week, i personally dont like it at all, i dont mean to attack joel but........... he should get more creative and the 1 on 1 are really crappy now a days... please improve them it is really ruining t11 reputation ... if any.. not to be mean :p

Caruso, thank you for your honesty. however," the 1on1's are real crappy" is not really an effective way to get change. There are things you don't like, thats ok. Let's start with what you do like and maybe we can nurture this thought into something more productive, something benificial for all. Cosidering the quality is great the teachings are awesome, what would you as an artist like to see?

We strive to be the best. We need the criticism, i hear a lot of "that sucks" but so far the only positive thing anyone has said was the mention of laying down a double ( personally I really love the idea and was hoping to cover these and areas closley related in the future) As far as more creative goes I can only say I tried to cover a broad spectrum to please all levels of magicians and considering the people that have purchased and sent comments, it looks like my mission is accomplished. That's the cool part about 1 on 1's in the future it's going to be huge, so much material to choose from. A never ending buffet of choices, something for everyone.

You guys are in the middle of the develemental stages of T-11 we're building, all hands on deck. You either help or sit back an say nothing (productive I mean). This site is what you make it. Stay positive, make change, you reap what you sew; let's work hard side by side and then sit back and enjoy the harvest.

P.S. Sorry to hear about Believe, you should consider the effect as a purchase no time soon, just in the future. The end covers your creativity and where you can take believe! ( If you own it you might consider re-watching that part, Believe is an EXTREMELY versiltile concept!) Take care man, hope to see ya around the forums.

JP

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Cbut so far the only positive thing anyone has said was the mention of laying down a double ( personally I really love the idea and was hoping to cover these and areas closley related in the future)

Woo! That'd be awesome. So many effects require laying down a double and the fear of separation only makes it worse 'cause you concentrate on it.

Anyway, that's another discussion for another time but it's wicked cool to know that you guys do read our posts and this is just another bit of proof. :)

- Sean

Apr 28, 2008
Caruso, thank you for your honesty. however," the 1on1's are real crappy" is not really an effective way to get change. There are things you don't like, thats ok. Let's start with what you do like and maybe we can nurture this thought into something more productive, something benificial for all. Cosidering the quality is great the teachings are awesome, what would you as an artist like to see? We strive to be the best. We need the criticism, i hear a lot of "that sucks" but so far the only positive thing anyone has said was the mention of laying down a double ( personally I really love the idea and was hoping to cover these and areas closley related in the future) As far as more creative goes I can only say I tried to cover a broad spectrum to please all levels of magicians and considering the people that have purchased and sent comments, it looks like my mission is accomplished. That's the cool part about 1 on 1's in the future it's going to be huge, so much material to choose from. A never ending buffet of choices, something for everyone.
You guys are in the middle of the develemental stages of T-11 we're building, all hands on deck. You either help or sit back an say nothing (productive I mean). This site is what you make it. Stay positive, make change, you reap what you sew; let's work hard side by side and then sit back and enjoy the harvest.

JP

Thank you for the reply, it's nice to know that our posts are actually read by T11 artists.

However I don't agree with you when you say 'I tried to cover a broad spectrum to please all levels of magicians and considering the people that have purchased and sent comments, it looks like my mission is accomplished.'

It seems like you are accepting the positive comments and dismissing the negative ones. As we can see from the comments you have not pleased all levels of magicians.

You asked for more positive comments so here is what I think. I thought the Fan Control was great, it uses a concept most people know of but rarely use. It's something I can see myself using a lot.

Ace Cut was not like this, it used no new concepts. You said earlier that you use it a lot and audiences like. I have no doubt about that, however that does not mean we all want to pay $5 for it. Most people have their own version of an Ace Cutting sequence and Ace Cut did not bring anything new to the effect.

More stuff like Fan Control would be great i.e. Original uses of old concepts, stuff that people are not familiar with and is not available on Decknique for free.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
"All i can say is 'owned'" - drorange

How has anyone been 'owned'? Joel has replied with his opinion which I appreciate however simply because he has replied does not mean everyone elses opinion is now irrelevant and wrong.

If you aren't going to add anything constructive to the discussion then don't bother posting.

All I can say, is that Drorange is "owned".

Then I really like Joel's reply.

:)

joelpaschall

theory11 artist
May 6, 2008
Thank you for the reply, it's nice to know that our posts are actually read by T11 artists.

However I don't agree with you when you say 'I tried to cover a broad spectrum to please all levels of magicians and considering the people that have purchased and sent comments, it looks like my mission is accomplished.'

It seems like you are accepting the positive comments and dismissing the negative ones. As we can see from the comments you have not pleased all levels of magicians.

You asked for more positive comments so here is what I think. I thought the Fan Control was great, it uses a concept most people know of but rarely use. It's something I can see myself using a lot.

Ace Cut was not like this, it used no new concepts. You said earlier that you use it a lot and audiences like. I have no doubt about that, however that does not mean we all want to pay $5 for it. Most people have their own version of an Ace Cutting sequence and Ace Cut did not bring anything new to the effect.

More stuff like Fan Control would be great i.e. Original uses of old concepts, stuff that people are not familiar with and is not available on Decknique for free.

Squ!rrel , Thank you sir. Didn't mean to sound like I was dismissing the negative. I hope everybody knows i take everything said to heart. I carry it with me. I responded the way I did because Bicyclemagic sounded (to me) as though he spoke for every one. I was simply reminding him that there were positve responses from all levels of magicians, while also reminding him it's oKay to have a complaint but he does not speak for the majority. I put out and old control, one cut for the flourishers ( I way underestimated you guys, forgive me) Triple shuffle ( it's just fun!) and the ace cutting which I will say was is actually a method that accomplishes the same thing as a double undercut ( I can tip it, it's mine) Which is new. It's a method I dicovered and honed in my youth and is a method I was trying to give to the magic community.

It's hard but I believe well worth the effort. Considering that fact I say that the value is in the eye of the beholder. To me, a one hand double undercut is worth it's weight in gold, it saves time and now my other hand can be doing so many other things ( loading another card into my pocket, stealing ditching; I can work and set up for my next phase in one sweet movement) My first 1 on 1 started wicked easy, I put out some fun stuff in the middle the ace cut and the one to follow will require some intense finger mechanics ( the above is what i meant by something for all levels)

I really thank you for the talk. Thank you for disagreeing yet remaining positive, I only hope I cleared something up. (If not feel free to PM me , or post on the forums, I like talking with you guys.)

Cheers,

JP

Apr 28, 2008
Squ!rrel , Thank you sir. Didn't mean to sound like I was dismissing the negative. I hope everybody knows i take everything said to heart. I carry it with me. I responded the way I did because Bicyclemagic sounded (to me) as though he spoke for every one. I was simply reminding him that there were positve responses from all levels of magicians, while also reminding him it's oKay to have a complaint but he does not speak for the majority. I put out and old control, one cut for the flourishers ( I way underestimated you guys, forgive me) Triple shuffle ( it's just fun!) and the ace cutting which I will say was is actually a method that accomplishes the same thing as a double undercut ( I can tip it, it's mine) Which is new. It's a method I dicovered and honed in my youth and is a method I was trying to give to the magic community.

It's hard but I believe well worth the effort. Considering that fact I say that the value is in the eye of the beholder. To me, a one hand double undercut is worth it's weight in gold, it saves time and now my other hand can be doing so many other things ( loading another card into my pocket, stealing ditching; I can work and set up for my next phase in one sweet movement) My first 1 on 1 started wicked easy, I put out some fun stuff in the middle the ace cut and the one to follow will require some intense finger mechanics ( the above is what i meant by something for all levels)

I really thank you for the talk. Thank you for disagreeing yet remaining positive, I only hope I cleared something up. (If not feel free to PM me , or post on the forums, I like talking with you guys.)

Cheers,

JP

Thanks for the reply, while I still don't agree on every point you have cleared up a lot of things. The next 1 on 1 sounds very interesting.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results