Just A Thought

Jan 16, 2014
California
So browsing through all the posts and forums threads I slowly noticed something come up. Reading posts everyone can learn what style of magic you're in but thats about it. Now i know obviously these are magic forums!! (would be weird if you couldn't find anything magic related) but I was thinking that a new forum along with General discussion etc etc could be created. One to connect to the magic community but not necessarily with magic. What I'm speaking of is......wait for it....Off topic forum! For all those multitalented magicians can have a place to show things off, or maybe projects they're working on. Its just a thought though i love these forums and learn everyday just by browsing through, but having a new way to connect with the magic community and utilize their talents may be useful! What do you think?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
With all due respect, this is a magic community and although yes, many of us have other hobbies which we enjoy such as video editing, photography, music, etc., why clutter the boards with another section? That is one reason I dislike the Magic Cafe. There is an over abundance of threads and it almost scares you away.

If you find or make friends on these forums, by all means, skype or email or meet up to just hang out and discuss off topic ideas.

I guess what I am saying is, would you show up at an IBM meeting and sit and talk about shooting pool or learning a new piece on your guitar? Probably not.

Just my two cents. I am not trying to sound harsh.

Feb 17, 2014
Silver Spring. MD
With all due respect, this is a magic community and although yes, many of us have other hobbies which we enjoy such as video editing, photography, music, etc., why clutter the boards with another section? That is one reason I dislike the Magic Cafe. There is an over abundance of threads and it almost scares you away.

If you find or make friends on these forums, by all means, skype or email or meet up to just hang out and discuss off topic ideas.

I guess what I am saying is, would you show up at an IBM meeting and sit and talk about shooting pool or learning a new piece on your guitar? Probably not.

Just my two cents. I am not trying to sound harsh.

My knee jerk reaction was to agree with C2. I am very new to magic and don't have anything to offer yet, but I am a veteran PC technician and could contribute in that way. However, I can't help but agree with you Rick. It would be great to give back to the folks helping me but it would be a bigger distraction. So, I will have to be patient and not feel like a leach until I have something to add.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Several of us have tried to get the Powers That Be to create separate forums that focus on the various niches within magic vs. the hodgepodge situation we have i.e. Mentalism, Escapes, Children's Shows, etc. and it has all been resisted and these are all magic related themes. The PTB however want to confine the focus, preferrably (it would seem) on Card Magic, which is what T-11 is all about; cards and street type performance e.g. their is a very narrow window outside that realm. It's a pain in the tukkiss but that's what they want.

I do agree that the Cafe type scenario SUCKS. . . you have to wade through dozens of niche areas in order to find the group you want to be involved with and on top of this, they have an elite section that anyone can qualify for after X number of posts. Such a system is not productive, it creates a false sense of accomplishment and such "closed" forums really should be based on post count as well as peer vote.

I digress. . . the bottom line is, there probably never will be any evolution of subforums

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
I have to agree with everyone else. However, at least in the off-topic forum we would finally have a place to discuss Danny Garcia's nunchuck skills, legos, pogs, or even ninja related activities.

-Peter.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results