Just got my Loops

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
got my 100ft yigal dispenser in the mail...
got it off ebay (much cheaper)
havent used it yet
so i look foward to many hours of screaming and tediousness while trying to tie them

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
yer was streuggling to tie them, until i remember million dollar knot
so i aquired that video
ruined my first 2 attempts, but so far ive made 3 in a row...
the knots are quite visible...but i can just keep them on the back of my wrist where the hair is..nobody shall notice :)

yer was streuggling to tie them, until i remember million dollar knot
so i aquired that video
ruined my first 2 attempts, but so far ive made 3 in a row...
the knots are quite visible...but i can just keep them on the back of my wrist where the hair is..nobody shall notice :)

With the million dollar knot, the knot itself shouldn't be that visible, be careful about keeping the you-know-what off of the thread when you are pushing in through your fingers near the end of the tying process. Even a tiny trace can cause the knot to be bigger than desired.

Sep 2, 2007
Forget you-know-what. . . what you need to tie loops is magician's wax, dude. Put a ball on each end of your thread, and tie a loop. I've found the best way is to put your thread down on the table, put a card box over it, pull the thread up, and just tie a square knot. You can reinforce it by putting the wax balls together, looping the standing part of the knot around one side of the loop, and pulling it tight. Do that twice on each side, and you should be good. A square knot in IET is pretty invisible, moreso than the Million Dollar Knot, I think. Also, this knot has been way more reliable than the Million Dollar Knot. The M$K generally breaks about two minutes after I tie it, whereas this one lasts for days.

I don't see why teaching somebody to tie a bloody knot would be exposure, since there are countless threads about this on Magic Cafe. I could even post a tutorial vid somewhere, if you guys want. I could probably hide it away on youtube so only people I told about it could ever find it.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
k so ive been messing around with my loops for a while
watching the dvd's again
and it seems the only thing that works perfectly with cards are the 2 reveals by justin miller

the haunted deck and even other tricks..well destroys the loops

for the haunted deck, i even did it with like 30 cards and it moves slightly, but it breaks before their card slides out

Sep 2, 2007
I have always used Kranzo's way of tying Loops from _______ and they work for however long till I pull to hard or fast and snap em.

Sorry that could be exposure.

Yeah, that's the one I just described. It's also the one I use. It rarely breaks, and I use PET, which is weak as hell. I'm thinking of picking up some Yigal's along with either the Cloak or Geurilla's Guide to Loops. I'm undecided on which yet.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Just to be sure that I'm thinking of the same Loops as everyone else:
The demo I saw on Penguin was the spectator picking a card, and then it levitated next to the deck between the magicians hands?

Is this the Loops that you guys are talking about?

Sep 2, 2007
watching the dvd's again
and it seems the only thing that works perfectly with cards are the 2 reveals by justin miller

for the haunted deck, i even did it with like 30 cards and it moves slightly, but it breaks before their card slides out

You need to change up your grip on the loop. Get one of your fingers involved, and pull more horizontally. I do a haunted pack slightly BELOW the middle of a pack of masters with PET, which is the weakest IET around just about, and it rarely breaks on me. And make sure you go SLOW, little by little, until the cards break that static friction and start sliding more freely. The effect will look cooler if you go super slow anyway.

watching the dvd's again

Hey Phenomena,
I am glad you are having fun with LOOPS there really are some POWERFUL material you can do with LOOPS. I am sorry you are having trouble with our haunted packs. Are you stretching your LOOPS first? THAT will save you A LOT of hassle in performance. Let me know if that helps. Also, it is possible you just got a bad batch(it happens..even to me) if that is the case I would e-mail yigal and let him know I am sure he will help you out.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
Justin N. Miller

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's the one I just described. It's also the one I use. It rarely breaks, and I use PET, which is weak as hell. I'm thinking of picking up some Yigal's along with either the Cloak or Guerrilla's Guide to Loops. I'm undecided on which yet.

Glad to see you are getting some enjoyment out of LOOPS..I LOVE EM!

As far as you undecided choice, let me give you some facts on both to help your purchasing journey. The LOOPS DVDS will give you an 101 instruction into LOOPS and the world in which they reside in (which is a crazy at best). We teach you haunted packs ( myself and Nate) both different in aesthetics and feel. We also teach you material with bills, rubber bands, knives, and SO MANY IMPORTANT TIPS ON LOOPS (care,lighting etc..)

The Cloak is my brand new (new to you guys) I.E.T hook-up that will revolutionize the way thread work is done. I teach 4 main effects on it plus the hook-up (all cards) The Rising, The Creeper and two Haunted packs.

The Cloak is NOT a LOOP hook-up but a way to set- up a piece of I.E.T. for performances sitting-down at a table and standing up for strolling purposes.
Hope that helps you.

Justin N. Miller

Wolfenout

Banned
Sep 10, 2007
I have gotten extremely frustrated with my loops and was wondering if someone could help. I perform at a restaurant once a week. I wear a jacket when there. My loops use to get cause when I would reach deep in my pockets for something and someone suggested that I wear the loop slightly higher on my arm. I tried this last week and before I even got to the restaurant, my loop had snagged and broke on the jacket I think. Anyone else have this problem or any tips to help me out with this.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
starting with above post

i wear it right before my elbow..doesnt get snagged on anything...some bits of hair get stuck on the loop though, and it becomes visible lol

and justin...yea i stretch them out a lot, do smaller tricks with them first but the haunted pack effects...just doesnt work for me, i go slow, but i can feel that breaking point" before anything amazing happens (it moved, but not completely)

as for the bad batch...id have no clue, was my first time purchasing loops

but if you want to send me some free samples of another batch, i guess i can accept it :)

:p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results