Keeping a deck of cards in good condition.

May 7, 2009
Hi
I was wondering the best way to keep a deck of cards in good condition. sometimes my deck of cards bend in a weird way and it feels like im pushing a little button in the center of the deck. other times i take the deck out and the cards are all warped.

Dec 24, 2009
New Jersey
Aside from the use of card clips and desiccants, I also recommend popping the ziploc bag in the freezer. The cold air holds less moisture, helping the drying out process.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Aside from the use of card clips and desiccants, I also recommend popping the ziploc bag in the freezer. The cold air holds less moisture, helping the drying out process.

I don't recommend doing this as there will be condensation when you take the ziploc bag out of the freezer and your cards will get damp.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS

cold air holds the same amount of moisture as warm air, it's just that water evaporates at a much slower rate than in dry air, so it just seems like there's less. Also, when you take an item out of cold air into warmer air, the water condenses and produces actual wetness.

What's worked good for me is to put the deck in it's case, and in a room with still air and no direct sunlight, preferrably room temperature.

Also, if you don't like the little "click" that you get from heat exposure, I suggest getting "Arrcos". They seem to be immune to the "click", unless the humidity of where they are being used is absurd.

D

Deleted member 2755

I am insanely lazy and don't do anything to take care of my cards. I don't even put them back in the box. When I'm done with them, I just leave them on my desk. I'm also not one of those guys that washes their hands every time they pick up a deck of cards.

They last me just as long as when I do take care of them. :)

-Doug

I am insanely lazy and don't do anything to take care of my cards. I don't even put them back in the box. When I'm done with them, I just leave them on my desk. I'm also not one of those guys that washes their hands every time they pick up a deck of cards.

They last me just as long as when I do take care of them. :)

-Doug

Me too!
Its like they say about a runny nose. If you leave it as it is it will go away in a week but if you use medicine it will go away in 7 days.

A porper clip is good if you want to keep your card box in a good condition and use them right away when they have been in your pockets for hours. Although my clip did make a hole in my pockets.

Mikk.

Nov 3, 2009
cold air holds the same amount of moisture as warm air, it's just that water evaporates at a much slower rate than in dry air, so it just seems like there's less. Also, when you take an item out of cold air into warmer air, the water condenses and produces actual wetness.

um thats just horribly wrong. cold air holds in less moisture, its called science.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
um thats just horribly wrong. cold air holds in less moisture, its called science.

Source please.
Define: Cold
and
Define: Air,
then we'll talk.

In the situation being discussed, the amount of water in the air betwen the two situations would be negligible.
My point still stands.

Dec 30, 2008
I don't actually get it.

Well, you see, when a daddy loves a mommy very much, the call the stork and order a catalogue. In this catalogue there are choices and pictures for different colored eyes and hair and everything for a baby! Once the mommy and daddy have figured out exactly what kind of baby they want the fill out the S.E.X. Form. They send that off to the stork and he adds the new baby on to the waiting list. This waiting list is usually around 9 months. For the most part the stork has to deliver the new baby to the hospital for the parents to pick up (do to health reasons), and since the stork feeds the baby the way all birds do the mommy eats ALOT and she gets REALLY fat, then at the hospital she vomits into the baby's mouth to nourish it's tiny body.

Thats why the spelling of Wynn as opposed to win is punny and a tad bit humorous.

P.S. I would be happy to edit this out if it need to be.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Well, you see, when a daddy loves a mommy very much, the call the stork and order a catalogue. In this catalogue there are choices and pictures for different colored eyes and hair and everything for a baby! Once the mommy and daddy have figured out exactly what kind of baby they want the fill out the S.E.X. Form. They send that off to the stork and he adds the new baby on to the waiting list. This waiting list is usually around 9 months. For the most part the stork has to deliver the new baby to the hospital for the parents to pick up (do to health reasons), and since the stork feeds the baby the way all birds do the mommy eats ALOT and she gets REALLY fat, then at the hospital she vomits into the baby's mouth to nourish it's tiny body.

Thats why the spelling of Wynn as opposed to win is punny and a tad bit humorous.

P.S. I would be happy to edit this out if it need to be.

I get it now. Thanks for the explanation. hahahahaha.

Dec 24, 2009
New Jersey
Hmm... I've never questioned the "deck in the freezer" idea but it's worth considering.

Less water will be found in cold air because there will be less water vapor compared to liquid water (condensation rates are higher than evaporation rates). I never stated that this alone would dry out the decks, but a desiccant would need to be added. I guess the moisture in the decks would remain there, as only evaporated water would be removed.

Okay then, remove that ziploc bag and put it somewhere that's warm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results