Keeping cards nice.

Mar 24, 2021
I am having trouble preserving my cards because I keep them in a tuck box in my pocket but when I take the cards out to use the only place I can put the empty box is in my pocket, so it gets all ruined and crumpled up so later I don’t have a good tuck box so I just keep loose cards in my pocket which ruins them. Any suggestions on products or tactics that might help with this problem?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Card clip. Protects the box itself. Porper made the best ones but I'm not sure if they're currently on the market.

You could also make or hunt down a box or case that fits over the tuck case. I've made them out of leather before - not terribly difficult to make a simple one, but it is a bit time consuming.

Sleck

Elite Member
Nov 26, 2017
Card clip for sure. If it is too bulky or hard, a deck sleeve is another good alternative.

Oct 2, 2018
I have a couple from Walmart. Go to the camera department and look where the tripod, filters and stuff is. There are mini camera cases there made of padded nylon. Works for me...must have half a dozen of them.

Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
I can't recommend a card clip for daily usage, because it doesn't totally protect all the edges of the tuck box. They're better reserved for storing your deck and flattening the cards. I've written more about this in an article here:

Card Clips: What Are They, and Why Get One?

I'd suggest you invest in a card sleeve. They are very inexpensive, and cost little more than a dollar each. Carat Card Creations produces a number of very good ones, and I'd recommend their EDC Deck Sleeve or their DS1 Deck Sleeve.

For further ideas about protecting your playing cards, take a look at the list of tips I put together here:

24 Tips for Making Playing Cards Last

carat-edc-deck-sleeve---5-packplayingcarddeckscom-26240417_grande.png

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results