Kid participation

Hey all,

So i've been working on a kids act, so far it's as follows
(in no particular order)

Sponge balls from mouth
Lemonade stand -Thom Peterson (okay those two are in particular order)
Daryl's acrobatic knot
Enchanted cube
repAIR
a bit of juggling
ring and rope

then maybe adding chinese sticks and cups and balls.

The biggest problem is there's very little participation here, any suggestions for tricks that can get the kids involved?

And while i'm here, I'm having trouble coming up with a finale. Ideas?

Thanks and much appreciated

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Do you have any sort of theme or commonality between your tricks? That will usually give you an idea of what to use as a finale.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I'm looking up all the tricks right now, so I'm not sure if there is a common theme in your set.

But for participation, maybe sponge bunnies as magic that happens in a kids hands is always welcome.

Also, don't use participation for your first or last trick

i'm using sponge balls as an intro so it doesn't make any sense to do it again with a kid.
As for the finale i'm thinking bill in lemon since i produce one near the beginning of the show

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I didn't know if replacing the sponge balls from mouth would be replaced with sponge bunnies or you can somehow bridge the two tricks together.

Do you have videos of Lemonade Stand and repAIR? I couldn't find Lemonade Stand and I want to make sure I am watching the right video for repAIR.

Do you have a theme for your set? Is it for an occasion? Do you know how many kids will be watching? Do you want to acquire new tricks for this or only spark some ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2013
Boston
are you referring to the popped and restored ballon trick on the wire? if so, that my be a little confusing for kids. I could be wrong as I don't do kids shows and kids magic but I feel like they might not understand what happened.
Good luck.

yeah that's the trick. I think it's rather easy to follow. Show a single balloon, blow said balloon up, pop balloon, restore balloon, blow up ballon again.

It's only a minute trick and theres not much to really miss. i (hope) think any age can appreciate it

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I figure if you make a theme, it'll be a lot easier for kids to follow along to your tricks instead of '...and for my next trick!'

Maybe have a circus midway theme. You already have repAIR. Have a kid throw a 'magic' dark at it, pop it, have another kid throw a 'Magic dart' and so on.
Sponge ball from mouth could be turned into one of those 'throw-the-ball-in-the-cup' games

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results