Lapse|2CM

Hmm yyeah..

It's great that you went performing to other people and etc etc. but some stuff kinda bugged me. Try to build a connection between you and the spectators you know? It's not just "hi let me show you a trick" then go on auto pilot. Like, I didn't really felt that the spectators when you performed lapse were really interested with the magic.

I hope that I didn't exaggerated too much with that but i think you get what i mean.;)

And btw, why did you got in trouble?

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
I got in trouble three times (two in 2CM and once in Lapse), but i cut out the interesting parts because my cam only can store so much. I will try to work on my connection with other people. Just that they seemed arkward but wanted to see magic, i just didnt now what to say.

Well i got in trouble cuz the Mall they told me was private property that doesnt allow people like us doing things that attract big crowds, so they told us to make our way out nicely. Second time i got caught by the same guy, cuz i didnt want to leave the spectators hanging, but didnt get to finish it. Third time Police officers thought we were busking, but we settled it out.

Sep 9, 2008
Philippines
Oh hey,

Performing to random people was nice. The way you did the sleights were good and smooth, but you kinda lacked presentation. I don't think that the first spectators you performed to were really amazed but I think you can improve on that. One last thing you can do is to smile because i felt that it was too serious and try to converse a little more. Hope that didn't offend you or anything. Just have a better presentation but you executed the sleights very well. Well, that's it I guess and nice job on the second one with the 2CM.

-Niko T.

May 8, 2008
England
It was cool and great to see performing. :)
But yeah just approach it a lil' more relaxed.
Lapse is my favourite trick, I liked what you did, but why put the card on the floor? It does seem kinda strange to put a card on the floor just to get another out of your pocket... I always give it to the spectator, never had someone look until after I've retrieved the other card either. Just my two cents.
Anyway nice, I like your performing :)
-S

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Thank you everybody for your kind comments - i will certainly work on my presentation. Dont worry NT, you didnt offend me.

I get scared when i give cards to spectators, i will break that comfort zone out. Seriously.

Jun 14, 2008
Your 2CM was definitely better than Lapse. It just looked like you felt more at ease performing this effect. Also, you connected better with the spectators in the 2CM video. The reaction you got with it was much better than the "Haha..." of Lapse. Having said that I though both were very good technically, and, like the others, I think presentation is where you need to focus. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Everything was perfect. All the sleights and what not
But you lacked the presentation and connection
Lapse is a great trick which can get the biggest reactions ever.
Your audience were just like "cool..."
it could have been "WHAT!? HOW! NO WAY!!! AH!!!!!!!!!"
You should have tried to connect with your audience more. Smile more, talk to them more. Relate to them, rather than giving the same olf presentation. If they feel like they are part of something, they will probably enjoy it a lot more, thus give better reactions.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
I see, i need to trust them more. Thanks.

But yeah just approach it a lil' more relaxed.

Do you think my approach or the way i perform is too serious? What aspects do you see that are serious? Can you guys tell me so i can be cautious of them next time? Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results