Let's Face It Handout Version

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmSe_zJBpE

-Here is my updated version of Let's Face It. Everyone wanted a bill change that could be handed out at the end of the effect, so I did just that.

-Let me know what you think, all feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmSe_zJBpE

Ok buddy...it´s obvious for the spectator that you have something in your hand at the end.. the way you hand out the bill is very unnatural...have you performed this to spectators, aside from friends and family?...there a lot of unnecesary motion and folding in the bill...is somehow confusing, because you only show the 5 dollar bill a few moments and it seems that you can´t hand the bil changed..only the 1 dollar buck is examinable.

there is no patter and no music...and maybe you should work this trick for at least some time...

Nov 26, 2009
-This was just a rough version of my possible updated version on Let's Face It.

-I just wanted to get some opinions to see how others felt about it.

-I have performed my older version for spectators other than family, but this version has not been field tested yet. I have one more idea that I will be doing very soon and I will ask for more opinions.

-I am just trying to get my effect to be at its best .

-As always, thanks for you response,
Peter

-P.S.,I do have the patter:

I have developed a storyline for this trick and it helps move the changing right along.

The first change from Washington to Lincoln
-Before covering up the frame of Washington's face, I ask: "Does anyone know how he died, anybody?" He died of pneumonia because he was out in the cold for way too long. So let's see if we can warm him back to life. So I wrap the one dollar bill over him like it was a blanket.

Next: Lincoln to Hamilton
-Will Washington died and many years later we had this guy as president. I know you know who he is but do * you know how he died.

* That is when the change begins.

That's right, he was shot in the back of the head. This explains the 180 change that occurs.

Next: Hamilton back to the full Washington

-Many people do not know the man on this bill or what he was known for. Hamilton was a treasurer. But I use the fact that little people know little about him to bring back the full washington.

-I say something like: "Little people know about Hamilton * but the guy on this bill (Washington) is one of the most known faces on money anywhere.

* change back to the full Washington occurs.

Nov 29, 2009
I think it has potential. But your performance is lacking. Your right hand is telegraphing like crazy that you are holding a second bill.

I think you can go with this but not as a solitary effect. Perhaps released in a collection like Dangerous by D+M?

But short term wise, work on making the performance great. You are the creator, if you can't do it flawlessly, who can?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results