Liquid Card Thru Window by Taylor Lewis | Review

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Liquid Card Thru Window by Taylor Lewis | Review-Happy with it now

I recieved the package this morning and have some mixed feelings watching the DVD and wondering if it's something I'll actually use and it is something I will use because I performed it and it is something that is practical. The best part to me is when the spectator actually feels and scratches at the card and they feel it is through the window.

I purchased this blindly by the way, I didn't know that a cocktail napkin or newspaper had to be used. Other wise I would not have purchased this. This is my only Christmas gift being that I have 3 brothers attending college at the moment. So given that, I am a bit angry that it is not a Card through window I was expecting yet I am very happy with it.

Value:

The production value is pretty nice, has it's cover and inside comes with the two gimmicks. The gimmick given is not the gimmick used in the DVD, the gimmicked given is a pointed out optional gimmick pointed out in the DVD. It makes a bit easier for use in my eyes.

The DVD has the Xcllusion mark on it. A little magic society that I had bee a member of before and the site was closed for a while. People there were very inactive and some promising effects being released.

Site is up now that I've checked.

DVD:

The Liquid DVD is broken up into parts

Performances-

What pisses me off and makes me furious is that In the Performances section it is only the demo. No full out performance just the demo. Kind of makes me want to punch a baby in the face.

I just performed it myself to my huge family, and it works. Very well. (Select card, lose it in pack, napkin to window, spring cards to window, open napkin, scratch, had brothers help pull card out)

Gimmicks-
Durable, will not break or anything from the feel of the material.

What you need-

This goes over "what you need". He -as I said- points out elswhere the gimmick that is given to you that is optional but everything else you should have.

Liquid Part 1-
(cocktail napkin -spring the cards- tear open the cocktail napkin-pull card through the glass with some cover of cocktail napkin- Magician or Spectator can pull the card)

Gives the main mechanics of Liquid, nothing new but what most magiicans should be comfortable with. Watching it is grueling and long but I guess he teaches it fine with the exception of the monotone voice.

I will use this

Liquid Variation-
(Enhance version, uses an extra every magician should have)
(An "appearance" of the card behind the napkin which kind of gives it that visual feel.-pull through- end)

Liquid Part 2-
(A card through glass table, you spread cards on table, tell them to put hands under table, magician pushes and their signed card falls to their hands)

This gives a kind of Kaos feel because of the methodology, it's nothing ground breakingly new but useful and uses a move that some magicians are not comfortable with. I'll wait for Breach by Daniel Madison though :)

Almost the same methodology as Part 1 but with something extra

All the way through the glass-
(involves audience pushing the card that is stuck in middle of class, magician pulling card)

This involves audience participation which I always like. But at the price that he is just telling you what is happening and you can get caught if your not careful.

Target- Will review later

The bonus

I think the teaching was somewhat lazy. The teaching could have been a crap load better, better performance examples at the least of how it would play out would have been so much better than what was given. He just talks you through how it would be done with some action. But the effect itself works and it's worth learning and worth the money to learn the insides of the effect. It is the bang for the buck with what they include in the DVD

I'm not done reviewing it and saying my thoughts. I will be back later to type up more. This is my rough copy of reviewing it.
I may have to finish tomorrow since family is around.

-------------------

I just performed this a few seconds ago for my ginormous family. It actually works. Just watching how it's done on the DVD you'd be like..."ehh".. But when performed it is practical. It works :) It really got to them when they FELT the card through the window.

-----------------------------

If I were to give it a number ratings like other do I would give it a

9/10

Last edited by a moderator:
C

clarrus

wow i had high hopes for this, thanx for the honest review.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I had mixed feelings about this. Now I am happy.

I just performed this my first time for my whole family and the college bros that came down.

AMAZING, they felt the card through and wow...just wow..

I kind of thought it wouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
UK
Wow... no performances... how lazy, especially considering the fact that it took Taylor so long to get this done.
Target is the CTW that allows the whole spring cards at window etc.

Sep 1, 2007
Italy
I just watched the preview and I was a bit disappointed... can you remove the napkin after the penetration? bacause the most logical thing that people would do after the penetration is to remove the napkin in order to have a clear view... can you do it?

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I just watched the preview and I was a bit disappointed... can you remove the napkin after the penetration? bacause the most logical thing that people would do after the penetration is to remove the napkin in order to have a clear view... can you do it?

Yea you can remove the napkin after penetration. When I performed it I did anyway. Target without napkin..sorry kind of dirty for me and something i won't use. But either way the way with the napkin is good enough for me. I'm going to review target later tonight...

But if Precision wants to do a better job at releasing their products when they release performances...live performances..and to people that don't look like friends. Go on the street, perform live, there is your demo. Just like what they did in the Impervious demo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results