LIT Review

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
NOTE: I did not just buy this from theory11 and made a review. I bought it from here http://www.zomadamagic.com/servlet/the-39/Lit-dsh--Dan-White-and/Detail at a discount a while ago so please no complaining ;) now for the review...

*LIT REVIEW*​

“From the mind of Dan White and Dan Hauss comes an effect featured on the September 24th international David Blaine television special. The reactions with Lit are explosive.

A spectator is asked to take a match out of a matchbook, and ignite a match to verify its validity. The matchbook is then held tightly in their closed fist.

A card is selected in the deck - then visually vanished under impossible conditions. The spectator slowly opens their hand to find the matchbook has visually transformed into a twisted hybrid of playing card and match pack.
• Easy to do.
• Perfect for all close up situations.
• As seen on national TV and used regularly by David Blaine
Includes Bonus routines (Dan White's Floating Match on Hand and Andrew Gerard's Self Lighting Match Pack)

Running Time Approximately 45min”

-Quoted from ZomadaMagic.com

THE MATERIALS:​

You will get a dvd inside a beautiful dvd case similar to the theory11 trilogy DVD’s that has a run time of 45 min. Also you get 14 playing card matchbook gimmicks.

THE DVD:​

The DVD was nicely produced with high quality video and music, truly a top notch editing job. The teaching is split between Dan White and Dan Hauss in a studio and in a living room.

THE TEACHING:​

As previously stated the teaching segments are split up between White and Hauss, but everything is short and sweet. You learn everything you need to know in a nice pace.

THE EFFECT:​

The effect itself is truly great. I have performed it a few times already and it gets better reactions with better patter. You get 14 gimmicks that you fold yourself, and can buy refills if you wish. You also need a plain white matchbook that doesn’t come with the dvd.

THE BONUS EFFETS:​

Floating Match: This is an awesome thread set up, using and old floating match principal which this effects builds on.

Andrew Gerard’s Self Lighting Matchbook: This bonus effect is awesome you need a few hard to find materials and a brave spectator but it is worth it in the end.

THE FINAL SUMMATION:​

Lit is one of my new favorite effects I will definitely use a lot. So do yourself a favor and pick it up today, you wont be sorry.

THE NUMBER GRADE:​

9.5/10

THE END​

-Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results