Looking for awesome tricks...

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Hey, i'm on the search for some totally visual and mid-blowing tricks. I'd prefer it be street magic (i'll accept table tricks if they are good enough). And by totally mind-blowing, i mean tricks like:

Stigmata
Coin Bite
Coin Bend
Extreme Burn
Flow
Exile
Sinful
Panic

And please dont say any of the above tricks. Also, dont give me any impractical ones like the M5 or wiregrams. Thanks!

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Thread by W:H
Witness by Lee Asher
Split Happens by David Penn (I think!)
Syd Segal's GAFT Card Magic *Practicality?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Hope this helps?

Take care,

-Sanj

Nov 10, 2007
Hey, i'm on the search for some totally visual and mid-blowing tricks. I'd prefer it be street magic (i'll accept table tricks if they are good enough). And by totally mind-blowing, i mean tricks like:

Stigmata
Coin Bite
Coin Bend
Extreme Burn
Flow
Exile
Sinful
Panic

And please dont say any of the above tricks. Also, dont give me any impractical ones like the M5 or wiregrams. Thanks!

The M5 and wiregrams are very practical.
To answer your question I suggest:
Tagged Richard Sanders
Power Word: Fall
Technique Matthew Mello
Collateral Daniel Madison
I also suggest checking out E tomorrow they are coming out with and effect called Tagged by Rich Ferguson which looks INSANE

Apr 26, 2008
hhmmm..you might like :p

Mindbender
Blindsided by Oz Pearlman
Nacho Mama's Triumph DG Project Vol. 3
Silver Dream by Justin Miller

Just my opinion....

Jul 27, 2008
www.youtube.com
sinful by wayne houchin is amazing i would also suggest tnr if u wanna take the time to learn it. ummmm twinsplit by dan and dave is extreamley difficult but a beautiful effect.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I advise you pick up some good books.
Because you simply Cannot Beat the classics.
People always forget that these men are the basis of all great tricks and sleights.

Expert at the card table By S.W. Erdnase.
Modern Coin Magic. By Bobo
Tarbell Course in magic. All Volumes.

I have all of the original hardback Copies Of tarbell And let me tell you there are treasures in there that you wouldnt believe.

Also I reccomend..
The ninja Pass.
Nay I am not Some E- Fanboy. But a humble magician. And the pass is something i am incredibly good at.. I am terrible at double lifts and its the best way for me to get a card to the top of the deck.

Jay Sankey Has some god stuff.

I also Reccomend All of the theory 11 stuff.

Daniel Garcia's Stuff is Extremely hard hitting.
And his teaching style is fun and effective. He covers all neccisary angles.
And Alot of it is very Simple

Jordan. G

Aug 5, 2008

Stigmata
Coin Bite
Coin Bend
Extreme Burn
Flow
Exile
Sinful
Panic

I would suggest learning some card tricks but since you are looking for gimicked Commercial magic then I would suggest.

Self tying shoelaces
Color changing Shoelaces
Linking Laces
Two Dollar Window
Healed and Sealed 2.0
CardToon?
Saw
Mislead
A Hare Raising Experience
Cap in Bottle (you choose which one you want)
Coin in Bottle (same)
Behold the Scarabaeus
Holy stretch
Re-Labeled
A bicycle built for five

I cant remember more, I don’t like this kind of tricks

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm going to keep posting this in every single thread of this type I find.

I posted this before, and it's always the same.

Here's an idea. Look for them yourself, find the ones that work for yourself, and make them "hard hitting"! In all honestly, looking for the shortcut by asking for "best of" effects isn't gonna do you any favours, and 95% of the time will not get you the most hard-hitting effects you can perform. That's right, asking for good tricks will actually, the majority of the time, get you tricks that, when performed by you, will be second rate and extremely common. So you'll be performing the same old stuff and probably not as well as you could be.

Rather than ask "Where can I find the best effect", ask "Where can I find effects (possibly of x plot or from x magician)", go out, look through everything, and find what works for you. You want average material, ask for "good" DVDs. And if you're satisfied with decent, go ahead. You want the best material, which has the highest possible impact? You'll have to work harder than that.

The main reason for this is that the strongest effect in my arsenal, in all honestly, would probably not work at all for you. This is due to many reasons - personality, presentation, and just the effect in general. Many, many people for example list Stigmata as their strongest effect, and many people buy it. You wanna know the truth, 95% of people's presentation of Stigmata is ****. Stigmata could be so, so much more. I'd bet my money that half the people who've said Stigmata in this thread can't present it to save their lives, and could easily improve their own performances. But no, they rely on the effect, rather than relying on themselves as a performer, and this separates the chaff from the wheat.

If you really want strong effects, you need to tell us what you're interested in, specifically, a plot or an author. Then you need to go look at everything by that author or on that plot, and decide what works for you, use that knowledge to mix the effects together, and base a presentation on what appeals to you, not what appeals to us. My favourite effect happens to be Zamiel's Rose, and yet I barely know anyone who has the personality to pull it off, so I never suggest it, it would be a travesty, the epitome of ruining magic. I mean what do you want me to say - follow your instructions exactly, and give you an effect that won't suit you and you won't be able to make the most of? I'd rather say this, the truth.

This is not to say we (or I) don't want to help. This is to say, rather, that it should be the right help, if you really want the best magic.

Go buy a book or something, that's where the good stuff is.

Nov 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
But no, they rely on the effect, rather than relying on themselves as a performer, and this separates the chaff from the wheat.

Very well said. I thought of this when I first read the post. The trick doesnt necessarily make the magic, the skill and presentation does.

I remember years ago when I first became interested in magic. I was introduced to a sleight of hand artist who continually blew me away with a coin and some very basic sleights. I knew the moves, I just couldn't catch them. Even knowing the moves, it looked like magic.

His performance wasn't about the latest or greatest trick. It was about his ability to do what he did - flawlessly. The trick isnt going to make you. You being able to perform it better than anyone else will - regardless of what it is. The trick is only the medium from which the magic of the presentation flows.

As I get back into sleight of hand myself, my goal is to be able to carry a deck and a few coins, without reliance on gimmicks / gaffs / etc.. . My focus - purely on performance.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
But IMO I think that any trick can be made into a "street" magic

lets see you do Sam the Bellhop on the street. :D (yea, that sounded kinda wrong, but live with it!)

Oh prae, dont you think youre being a leeeetle harsh? I get your point and everything, but still..yknow..lighten up!

and MagicShadow9, youre looking for things that're commercial and advertise themselves as insanely visual and mindblowing..? geeze, take a look at the sites you visit... Everyone advertises like that now..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results