Looking to buy a book.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
I have been searching for a long time now, the book Reflections by Helder Guimar?es. If anyone on here has a copy they would sell please contact me, I am willing to pay a very good sum for this book.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I feel your pain - I had the same problem a few months back. Searched everywhere and finally found a place which sold it (though cost me a bit more than I would have liked). It was worth it though.

Not sure if they still stock it (and if they ship internationally), but here's the site I found it if it helps:
http://www.magicandmore.co.nz

Could try contacting them. Good luck.

Jul 13, 2010
;)
Although this book is in my 'wanted'-list, I resist the urge to buy a used copy. Normally OOP books tend to be ridiculously overpriced. I?m still waiting for the reprint.
So glad I didn`t buy 'The Complete Walton' books years ago when they were OOP and instead got the reprint (better paper quality).
I wish you good luck and an adequate price ;)

Jun 13, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I just bought Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment Vol. 1 and I have to say I LOVE it. It has ton of stuff that you can do with lots of random objects. I also would HIGHLY recommend the Creative Magic book by Adam Wilbur. Both are great reads without even learning any effects.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
I just bought Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment Vol. 1 and I have to say I LOVE it. It has ton of stuff that you can do with lots of random objects. I also would HIGHLY recommend the Creative Magic book by Adam Wilbur. Both are great reads without even learning any effects.

If you read my original post you would see I was looking for a certain book, which I have managed to find. Thanks for the reply all the same. I agree with you, I have the whole AOA set and they are very good.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
I found a post in the genii forum from last year. A guy was selling loads of his books and DVDs and he was selling that one. Emailed him thinking it would have gone but he still had it. Had to pay a fair bit for it but it's worth it in my book.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Thanks! On the subject of books, if you were to pick 1 book for someone who knows little to nothing on mentalism, what would you pick?

Bob Cassidy's Fundamentals. Or better yet - Mark Wilson's. I'd want to make sure they knew the foundations of magic and had performance skills before trying mentalism.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ok, I'm working through the Tarbell Course now so do you feel moving from that to Mark Wilsons would be the next step?

If you're still learning the foundations, don't worry about mentalism for now. It takes a lot of performance skill to do well and if you're learning the basics, you probably haven't developed those skills yet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results